Details: Compensation to be determined upon hire.
Grants & Compliance Associate
Program Planning & Evaluation
Father Bill’s & MainSpring is committed to ending and preventing homelessness in Southern Massachusetts with programs that provide emergency and permanent housing and help people obtain skills, jobs, housing, and services. We help people who are struggling with homelessness or are at risk of homelessness to achieve self-sufficiency.
Father Bill’s & MainSpring is a growing and dynamic social service agency with particular expertise in emergency and permanent housing, job training and placement, and prevention services for individuals and families in need. Over the next five years, our strategic focus includes an increase in affordable, permanent supportive housing, a more efficient model of care for families experiencing homelessness, commitment to an enhanced delivery model to reduce the need for shelter, and improved community relations in order to achieve these goals. Our staff are thoughtful and caring individuals who share our passion for these ideals and creative approaches to helping people improve their lives.
We offer a generous benefits package and a comprehensive orientation and training program, as well as ample opportunities for advancement for qualified individuals who show a commitment to our Mission.
This professional will assist in the development and contract compliance for public grants. The Grants and Compliance Associate will report to the Director of Program Planning and Evaluation, and will coordinate efforts with the agency’s Resource Development team and Program teams. This individual will also work with the region’s Continuum of Care (CoC) on annual grant application and the related process to secure HUD CoC funds. The Grants and Compliance Associate is also responsible for monitoring compliance with all public grants and advising the program team on compliance issues. FBMS has a $22M annual operating budget, 75% of it from an array of city, state and federal sources, including more than $5M in HUD CoC funding. FBMS averages 25-30 new and renewal grant applications per year in addition to the HUD CoC application. FBMS has an excellent reputation and strong relationships with many public funders and nonprofit partners. This individual will continue to strengthen, develop, and expand this work. 5+ years’ experience managing programs and Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Assist in all aspects of the public grants process, including identification of opportunities, drafting, submission, and reporting.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external and internal stakeholders as well as current and prospective funders.
- Perform continual research for new public grant opportunities.
- Design, develop, and draft grant objectives and activities working with program staff.
- Prepare supplemental materials for grant submissions.
- Present data to make case for grant proposals and to develop proposed outcomes.
- Provide program departments with information on grant requirements during grant roll out, and provide technical assistance to program staff as necessary to ensure compliance throughout the course of the grant period.
- Assist with monitoring and preparation for site visits by funders.
- Meet monthly with the Finance team to monitor contract compliance.
- Review all public contracts prior to execution.
- Conduct internal audits of publicly-funded programs
Skills & Competencies:
· Empathy: An understanding and empathy for those dealing with homelessness and related issues.
· Professionalism: Maintains the highest level of professionalism in the delivery of services, building of relationships, collaboration with co-workers, and representation of Father Bill’s & MainSpring within the organization and the community.
· Communication: Speaks appropriately in positive and/or negative conversations with supervisors, co-workers, volunteers, donors and constituents; Articulates the goals of Father Bill’s & MainSpring.
· Record-Keeping: Routine clerical or record-keeping incidental to the essential responsibilities of the job (including, but not limited to, data entry and case file updates).
· Job Knowledge: Possesses the practical and technical knowledge required on the job.
· Attendance: Acceptable overall attendance record, consistently at work and on time.
· Reliability: Relied upon regarding task completion and follow-up. Follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
· Initiative: Seeks out new assignments and is willing to be flexible with additional duties.
· Adherence to Policy: Follows safety and workplace expectations, regulations and processes as defined in the Employee Handbook.
· Work Ethic: Demonstrates a commitment to the Mission and adheres to the Operating Principles of Father Bill’s & MainSpring and works as part of a team toward a common goal.
· Safety & Security: Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
· Travel: Local travel may be required. Valid driver’s license and good driving record required.
· Physical Demands: The demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
o Must be able to verbally convey detailed information or important instructions or ideas accurately or quickly. Must be able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information. Average visual acuity is necessary.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee. Other duties as assigned may be part of the job.
Father Bill’s & MainSpring is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate in subject line of email position you are applying for.