The Ironbound Community Corporation (ICC) was established in 1969 as a nonprofit organization whose mission is to engage and empower individuals, families and groups in realizing their aspirations and, together, work to create a just, vibrant and sustainable community. ICC strives to address the needs of our diverse, multi-lingual, multi-cultural community. Today, ICC serves more than 1000 children and families every day with a wide range of programs and services. ICC also strengthens communities through advocacy, neighborhood organizing, and community development initiatives.
ICC is seeking a part-time Enrichment Specialist to assist with curriculum development and act as a parent liaison for the Family Friendly Center. The ideal candidate will collaborate with ICC’s Family Success Centers to aid in advancing the goals and mission of the organization and the After School Program.
This position is geared towards a candidate who ideally brings the education and background to provide quality services to After School children (ages 5-13) and their families. The ideal candidate should enjoy working children, parents/guardians, school representatives/teachers and ICC staff. The candidate will be responsible to assist in curriculum development, focusing on enrichment programming.
The day-to-day responsibilities of the Group Leader include, but are not limited to:
· Follow all rules, policies and procedures of the Ironbound After School Program along with state regulations, including the Department of Children and Families pertaining to school -aged programs.
· Provide students with activities that promote their physical and intellectual development.
· Assist with creating, planning and maintaining a safe and healthy learning environment.
· Utilize positive strategies to support the social and emotional development of all the students
· Promote positive behaviors and professionalism, including completion of annual training hours.
· Assist and monitor students during program hours.
· Reporting daily attendance, record daily journals entries, and ensure all paperwork is complete.
· Perform related duties and responsibilities as requested by the program manager.
· Must be 20 years old or older
· Must agree to a criminal and child abuse background check.
· Must have a desire to work with children of all ages.
· Must have experience working with children of different ages.
· Strong communication skills with the ability to speak Portuguese or Spanish, both optimal.
· Agree to a criminal and child abuse background check.
· Ability to understand high school math, writing and reading.
· Great leadership skills
· Ability to left a minimum of 20lbs
JOB SPECIFICATIONS OR QUALIFICATIONS, SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
ICC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to further building and maintaining a staff that reflects the full range and diversity of our community. We are looking for a diverse applicant pool and strongly encourage women of color, persons with disabilities, immigrants, members of the LGBTQ community, and people from low-income and working class backgrounds to apply.
The Ironbound Community Corporation (ICC) was established in 1969 as a nonprofit organization whose mission is to engage and empower individuals, families and groups in realizing their aspirations and, together, work to create a just…