1695 18th Street #C101
ABOUT - Golden Thread Productions is the first American theatre company dedicated to Middle Eastern cultures and identities as represented throughout the globe. We are an artistic home to people of all cultural backgrounds focused on developing and producing aesthetically varied and viscerally engaging theatrical work from and about the Middle East.
PURPOSE - The goal of this position is to ensure Golden Thread’s financial success and long-term sustainability through diverse revenue sources, strategic prospect research, and meticulous implementation of development plans, ensuring optimal management of resources.
DESCRIPTION - The position of Development Manager is 20 hours a week and reports to the Executive Artistic Director. Pay will be commensurate with experience. Benefits include flexible vacation and sick time, and affiliation to professional organizations through Golden Thread’s company membership. Office headquarters are located in San Francisco; some work may be done remotely.
1. Manage Individual Giving including prospect research, customized strategy development, and scheduling of meetings with high value donors.
2. Develop and execute fundraising campaigns, donor events, and acknowledgements.
3. Manage database: currently Patron Manager interface built on SalesForce platform.
4. Manage Institutional Giving including, grant research, writing proposals and reports, and meeting funders/program officers.
5. Provide accurate and timely reports to the Board of Trustees.
The position of Development Manager requires a strategic thinker and self-starter who is organized and detail-oriented. One to two years experience in non-profit arts fundraising and/or non-profit administration, familiarity with CRM or similar patron management tools and experience in grant-writing are required. This position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ideal candidate will be politically aware and sensitive to the plurality of thought and culture within the Middle East and its world-wide diaspora.
Email resume and cover letter to Michelle@GoldenThread.org
Subject line: Development Manager Position
Minimum Education Required