285 Schermerhorn Street
Position: HRIS (HR Information Systems) Specialist
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Chief HR Officer
Location: 285 Schermerhorn Street Brooklyn, NY
Hours: Full Time
Join a dynamic HR team at a human services organization serving a dedicated staff of 650 who work across 30 Brooklyn program locations which educate and empower youth, strengthen families, and foster self sufficiency in adults. Make a difference by managing key HR business processes and services including HRIS oversight and maintenance, creating data reports, , training staff on systems, customer service and troubleshooting problems, researching and implementing other HR systems, and Intranet communications. In this position one is providing service and support to staff using HRIS and other HR systems as well as working with the HRIS vendor and other HR technology vendors in implementing and troubleshooting the systems.
· Provide timely and responsive service to staff seeking assistance with HRIS applications and other HR support.
· Responsible for interfacing with the HRIS vendor (Ceridian) to troubleshoot, escalate as needed, and resolve system problems. Assist end users with issues.
· Generate reports for internal use as well as for external sources including annual EEO.
· Liaise with Payroll Bookkeeper and Management staff on biweekly payroll matters.
· Maintain and update employee data, ensuring integrity and accuracy within all systems.
· Train HRIS end users on processes and functionality.
· Develop and maintain user guidelines and documentations for all human resources systems.
· Maintain and update HR documents on the BCS Intranet.
· Maintain knowledge of current trends in HRIS and other HR technology to enhance and improve efficiency in HR operations and service to employees. Lead the implementation of new systems.
· Maintain compliance with City, State, and Federal regulations concerning employment.
· Assist with daily HR processes as needed (onboarding employees, background checks, etc.)
· Perform other duties as requested.
Bachelor’s degree required; 2-3 years of HR experience required including HRIS administration. Ceridian Dayforce experience highly desirable. Excellent interpersonal skills and strong commitment to customer service. Advanced
MS Office skills, particularly Excel. Effective oral and written communication skills; strong attention to detail and commitment to accuracy; and excellent organizational skills. Ability to work independently as well as part of a team. Aptitude for learning new technology and training staff on systems. Interest in data and technology as well as providing excellent individual service and response to staff. Excellent judgment and the understanding of securing confidential information. Knowledge of state and federal employment laws with the ability to apply to personnel matters. Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines, and respond to urgent needs. Nonprofit experience a plus.
Health insurance for self and dependents with low employee contributions, voluntary dental and vision insurance, 23 vacation and 12 sick days accrued annually, pre-tax commuter benefits, life insurance paid by employer, and 403(b) retirement plan.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email cover letter and resume to:
In reference line write: HRIS Specialist