The Program Manager for Workforce Training and Performance is responsible for providing managerial leadership to enhance, monitor and support workforce performance for IPHI’s COVID-19 contact tracing collaboration with Fairfax County Health Department.
The Institute of Public Health Innovation (IPHI) will hire, train and deploy a team of community contact tracing staff including case interviewers and contact tracers across Fairfax County, Virginia who will work as an integrated part of the Fairfax County Health Department COVID-19 response effort. The aim of this will be to call every person in the county with probable or confirmed COVID-19, gather their contacts, and proceed to call every contact in the area. These activities are in tandem with government efforts to increase testing, improve public communication, and instruct on isolation and quarantine. This will fortify efforts to control the pandemic in Fairfax County.
The Program Manager for Workforce Training and Performance will serve on IPHI’s internal program management team supporting the Fairfax County Health Department contact tracing collaboration. The Program Manager will coordinate a range of activities aimed at ensuring a well-prepared COVID-19 contact tracing workforce and play a central role in monitoring and reporting results. This temporary, full-time position will work as a member of an integrated IPHI program team with direct support from the Program Director.
· Provide coordination and managerial leadership for the development, implementation and evaluation of IPHI’s public health workforce training program
· Ensure adequate training capacity through the management of consultant trainer relationships
· Work with team members and partners to identify continuing education needs and develop and implement continuing education and training strategies and content
· Coordinate the design and production of training materials, including the identification and management of consultant support
· Assist with training delivery as part of the training team
· Ensure ongoing monitoring and reporting on workforce performance
· Provide technical assistance and support for the implementation of performance management tools among staff
· Coordinate with external human resources partner to support recruitment, staff support and operational activities
· Develop and effectively manage program timelines for timely completion of program requirements and deliverables
Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor's degree plus at least 7 years of professional experience in health and human services, education, or related work experience.
· Master’s degree or higher in public health, education or other field related to public health or workforce development.
· Prior experience in public health, workforce development or performance management.
· Demonstrated experience managing multi-faceted programs and initiatives.
· Prior direct supervisory experience and demonstrated work experience supporting a project team.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
This is a temporary position in response to workforce needs resulting from COVID-19. This position is designated as essential and is part of the County’s emergency response, which operates 7 days a week, thus occasional evening and weekend managerial response may be required. Candidates must be able to work both onsite locally and remotely and also have ready access to high-speed internet to support remote work. IPHI will provide employees with adequate technology for onsite and/or remote work environments. The administrative office for this project is based in Washington, DC.
This is a temporary, full-time position with benefits and a competitive salary of $70,000 - $78,000 commensurate with experience.
About the Institute for Public Health Innovation (IPHI)
The Institute for Public Health Innovation is a regional non-profit organization that develops multi-sector partnerships and innovative solutions to improve the public’s health and well-being across Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia. IPHI’s work strengthens health systems and policy, enhances conditions that promote health, and strengthens government and community capacity to ensure equitable health opportunities for all.
The Program Manager for Workforce Training and Performance is responsible for providing managerial leadership to enhance, monitor and support workforce performance for IPHI’s COVID-19 contact tracing collaboration with Fairfax…