Child Development Center: Infant and Preschool Teachers
- Job posted by Seattle Infant Development Center
Details: Full time hourly positions with potential for annual bonus.
1217 6th Avenue
Is Early Childhood Education your passion? Do you have experience with preschool children and are ready to join a team of well established, dedicated professionals and involved families who stay with us for 5 years or more with siblings? Seattle Infant Development Center has two rare openings for teachers in the Infant Room (birth-1 year) and Preschool (3-4 years).
1. Possess an understanding of and be sensitive to the cultural, emotional, mental, physical, and social needs of infants/preschoolers.
2. Have knowledge and understanding of the Washington State Early Learning Guidelines.
3. Demonstrate the ability and personality together with physical and mental health needed to meet the requirements of the work.
4. Have a caring, compassionate, gentle, patient, loving attitude towards children.
5. Have a positive and joyful attitude. Be energetic, playful, creative and artistic.
6. Be a self-starter, able to multi-task, and a team player who believes in providing top quality care.
7. Understanding of stages of child development.
8. Ability to be flexible in assignments with other age groups as well.
9. CDA or AA and/or a minimum of two years' professional experience working in a child care facility with children, birth through five years old.
10. High Scope and Early Achievers familiarity a plus.
Seattle Infant Development Center (SIDC) provides Equal Employment Opportunities and does not discriminate on the basis of sex; race; creed; color; religion; ancestry; national origin; age; economic status; sexual orientation, including gender expression or identity; pregnancy; marital status; physical appearance; the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability; honorably discharged veteran or military status
Medical and vision with dental option. Paid holidays and vacation. ORCA card partially paid.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required