100 East End Avenue
The Chapin School seeks an individual with at least five years of experience to fill the position of Director of Annual Giving in the Advancement Department. The primary responsibility of this full-time position consists of supporting the growth of Chapin’s Annual Giving program through the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of current parents and the management of dedicated volunteers. Annual Giving constituents also include alumnae, past parents, grandparents, friends and the School’s professional community.
This senior position reports to the Director of Advancement and works closely with Advancement team members in alumnae affairs, campaigns, marketing and communications, planned giving, and special events.
The individual we seek must have excellent verbal and written communications skills, must be extremely organized and must enjoy the fast-paced, pro-active environment of this independent K-12 all girls’ school. Chapin seeks an individual with at least five years of experience in fundraising, including direct solicitation, preferably in an educational or membership institution, or a cultural organization.
- Learn Chapin’s history, culture, constituents and programs; understand its current and potential base of financial support, as well as the funding requirements of all segments of the School, both short- and long-term.
- Be a pro-active member of the school community, including attending students’ athletic and artistic events, parents’ association meetings, and other occasions.
- Educate parents at all grade levels and other constituents about the importance of Annual Giving.
- Develop with the Annual Giving Committee leadership strategies and implement annual giving programs and messages.
- Identify, engage, and manage Annual Giving and Senior Gift committees.
- Build on an excellent record of parent participation in Annual Giving.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with all donors and prospects.
- Identify donors and solicit gifts at all levels.
- Be an active member of the Advancement team, initiating timely ideas for appeals, and working with colleagues to develop an annual calendar of solicitations and other activities.
- Manage the Database Coordinator and Advancement Associate.
- Work with the Campaign Director to facilitate Annual Giving and campaign requests.
- Provide regular reports for the Advancement team, school leadership, committee leadership, the Board of Trustees, and the annual Donor Report.
- Support all Advancement events and initiatives.
- A track record of growth as a hands-on fundraising professional who can creatively identify, cultivate, successfully solicit gifts from individual donors – and who enjoys the process.
- Success in educating individuals new to philanthropy.
- Experience in motivating, managing, and partnering with large groups of volunteers.
- Strategic background executing annual appeals, campaigns, special events, planned giving, and research.
- Strong fundraising database experience and skills with a willingness to implement efficiencies, from data input to producing reports to analyzing results.
- A highly organized, confident, creative approach.
- Proven ability to communicate passionately, clearly, and concisely, both in writing and orally, and who enjoys engaging with families and colleagues.
- Able to prepare and explain fundraising budgets and financial reports.
- Must have a passion for development.
- A high-energy, emotionally mature self-starter with a sense of humor and the sensitivity to work with dedicated and enthusiastic volunteers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strategic, proactive, results-oriented, and team-oriented; willing to “roll-up your sleeves” and do what it takes to ensure the success of the development effort.
- The ability to set priorities, yet with the flexibility to respond quickly to new opportunities.
- Detail oriented and deadline focused, with a high level of organizational skills.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com with "Director of Annual Giving" in the subject line.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and a cover letter with "Director of Annual Giving" in the subject line.