AP English Language and Composition or AP English Literature and Composition Teacher
- Job posted by Hobby School of Ulaanbaatar (CEEB Code 676188)
Details: $2000/month gross (approx. $1700 after taxes and deductions) plus a performance bonus of upto $450 per month payable twice a year
Hobby School, Zaluuchuudyn gudamj 25
Sukhbaatar District, 8th khoroo
Hobby School is looking for a candidate to fill in the position of AP English Language and Composition or AP English Literature and Composition teacher to students in high school (15-16 year olds). The teacher will be responsible for syllabus development for the AP Lang course. The syllabus will have to be then approved by the AP Course Audit http://www.collegeboard.com/html/apcourseaudit/review_process.html . The teacher will also be required to teach English Language Arts course or English Literature course to middle school students.
We are looking for teachers who are ready and willing to work in a new and challenging environment. You will have the opportunity to work alongside many teachers who are hard-working, dedicated and passionate - qualities that the successful candidate will need to bring with them to our community of 800 students and 60+ educators.
The school offers a competitive salary, medical insurance, free accommodation and travel allowance.
- Native speaker;
- Four-year bachelor’s degree in English, English literature or equivalent (min.);
- Teacher’s certificate (TEFL Certification or TESOL certificate is acceptable) is a plus;
- Full-time teaching experience at high and/or middle school;
- A full year commitment or longer;
- 2 references (at least one from immediate supervisor).
Along with the requirements above, candidates with following qualities are preferred:
- Experience in working with foreign students;
- Adaptability and openness and to new cultural environments; and
- Passion for writing and rhetoric – are additional assets.
The school encourages all its teachers to run an extracurricular activity/club of their choice.
Please visit our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/hobbyschool/ for more info about us.
The academic year in Mongolia starts on or around 1 September of each year and ends in early-to-mid June of the next year. To allow time for adaptation, curriculum and coursework preparation international teachers will be asked to arrive in Ulaanbaatar in mid-August 2018.
Furnished accommodation (studio apartments within a walking distance from the school ), local health insurance good at international hospitals in Mongolia, travel allowance of $2000 payable upon successful completion of the academic year.
Level of Language Proficiency
Native English proficiency
Minimum Education Required