WHO WE ARE
The Humane League is an international farm animal advocacy group. THL fosters a high-energy culture of teamwork, mission-driven problem solving, and we have earned recognition as Top Charity from Animal Charity Evaluators for all of their rating periods. Over the past few years, The Humane League has positioned itself for growth. We have a current staff size of 50+ dispersed across the country and internationally. We are looking for a Human Resource Coordinator who is eager to develop a lifetime of transferable skills, exercise creativity and innovation, and deliver best-in-class results on behalf of The Humane League and our mission.
Your position plays an integral role in maintaining The Humane League’s core HR systems, processes and people focused initiatives. We want you, because you have a mission and values-centered orientation and a true understanding of how organizational culture drives performance and success. You are ideal for this position because you are articulate, detailed oriented, and have superb problem solving and communication skills. You enjoy building relations within all levels of team members internally as a cross-functional team member within the organization.
This is a full-time, remote position, that reports to the HR Manager.
- Participation in Recruitment efforts
- Posting Jobs using are ATS in addition to 3rd party job boards (LinkedIn, Idealist, Indeed)
- Scheduling job interviews and assisting with the interview process
- Conducting employment references, verification
- Preparing new employee files
- Collecting and filing employment and tax documentation
- Payroll/benefit administration
- Communicate payroll changes to staff
- Staff training for non-exempt employees on time-keeping
- Training managers on time-keeping approval and expectations
- Assists in open enrollment & benefits administration
- HRIS & record maintenance
- Assists in HR auditing process
- Organize, compile, update company personnel records and documentation
- Organize, maintain and update employee HRIS information as needed
- Participation in employee relations efforts
- Assists employees and supervisors with basic interpretation of HR policies and procedures
- Assists with new- employee orientations
- Act as resource to employees by answering employee questions and addressing employee concerns
- Coordinate HR projects such as meetings or surveys
- Identifying opportunities in increase staff morale
- 1-2 years of HR related experience
- Strong professional ethics
- Experience using HR software (EX. Applicant Tracking system) and HRIS databases
- Organized and efficient in daily tasks
- Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and orally, as to communicate with employees, members of the HR management team, and in group presentations and meetings
- Must be able to effectively read and interpret information, present numerical data in a resourceful manner, and skillfully gather and analyze information
- Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently
Starting salary $32,000 commensurate with experience.
Employees enjoy full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) retirement plan, working from home, flexible holiday and vacation time, room for advancement, and the supportive environment at The Humane League!
The Humane League is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with laws and in furtherance of our commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
Minimum Education Required