Details: This is a part-time position, $15/hr.
Coro New York Leadership Center is New York City’s premier leadership training organization and a community of 2,500 alumni across business, government, schools and nonprofits that is shaping the city’s future. For 35 years Coro has used the city as its classroom – teaching students and executives, activists and entrepreneurs how New York works so that they can make it better.
Coro training helps individuals hone their visions for change and learn how to exercise leadership more strategically and with greater self-awareness. We support leaders, both seasoned and emerging, from many different fields who come to Coro to increase their ability to collaborate across differences, build culture and community, and make progress on shared challenges.
At Coro, We Value:
Community - where we actively contribute toward the well being of each other, the team, and our organization.
Innovation - purposeful risk-taking to make the work we do inspired, relevant and cutting-edge.
Learning - asking questions with genuine curiosity, sharing with others what you have gained, engaging multiple perspectives, and seeking feedback towards growth.
Purpose - is our starting place and “why we do what we do” and defines our outcomes and process that will get us there.
Coro is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating a diverse work environment that reflects the richness of New York City and the participants we serve. In this spirit, we strongly encourage people of diverse backgrounds including, but not limited to, race, gender, age, socioeconomic status, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, and differently abled to apply.
Coro is seeking a dynamic, highly organized part-time Development and Communications Associate to provide support for our fundraising team. This position is part time with flexible hours, and ideal for undergraduate or graduate students looking for a paid opportunity to gain fundraising and communications experience at a vital New York City non-profit organization.
- Process all gifts and pledges in Salesforce, including copying, scanning and filing all checks and documents.
- Generate acknowledgments and receipts
- Assist staff and volunteers in planning and executing alumni and fundraising events, including registration, marketing, managing run-of-show, and maintaining an organizational events calendar.
- Other administrative support as needed.
Salesforce Database Administrator
- Update alumni and donor contact information in Salesforce
- Create customized reports and lists for program and development staff
- Troubleshoot Salesforce issues and train staff on Salesforce protocol as needed
- Maintain and regularly update email lists for communications (e-newsletters, appeals, event invites, and recruiting)
- Write and schedule social media posts, produce other content (photos, videos) for Facebook and Twitter.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to respond to changing priorities while adhering to deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and sense of humor with the ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Creative, flexible, open-minded, and ready to learn new skills.
- Prior experience with data management software, such as Salesforce (preferred)
- Proficient with WordPress (preferred)
- Knowledge of design software a plus.
- Interest in nonprofit and public service sector
- Interest in leadership development, New York City politics and public affairs.
This position is ideal for college or graduate students who are interested in part time paid work while gaining experience working at a nonprofit organization.
Minimum Education Required