The New School seeks a full-time on-site Program Manager for the Bachelor’s Program for Adults and Transfer Students (BPATS) in the Schools of Public Engagement. The Program Manager must possess strong organizational and communication skills. They must be flexible, creative, tactful, and able to develop and implement systems, policies and procedures. The Program Manager has to think quickly to resolve challenges as they arise and to coordinate dynamic and growing interdisciplinary programs. This position reports to the Director of Administration in the School of Undergraduate Studies.
- Manage daily operations of the Food Studies; Management, Leadership, and Entrepreneurship; Psychology; and interdisciplinary Liberal Arts programs including oversight of budget, curricula and communications.
- Work with BPATS chairs to find creative ways to enhance the programs for the benefit of students.
- Collaborate with Marketing & Communication to develop and maintain website content and promotional materials.
- Create and manage complex databases of information.
- Develops and improves processes for maintaining faculty information, e.g., curriculum vitae, syllabi, and course offerings.
- Manages full-time faculty searches and attends search committee meetings.
- Advises faculty on student hiring and registration.
- Assesses student assistant needs for faculty and manages payments for course assistants, teaching fellows, teaching assistants and faculty research assistants.
- Plans events for Bachelor’s Program in conjunction with department chairs and events assistant.
- Supervise PT 1205 Events Assistant in the School of Undergraduate Studies.
- Oversee tracking of program’s budget expenditures.
- Acts as liaison to divisional and University departments and external parties.
- Bachelor’s degree with relevant administrative experience.
- At least three years of office management experience, preferably in a fast-paced academic environment.
- High level of professionalism.
- Excellent computing skills including Excel, Google apps and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience in online promotional platforms such as MailChimp, Paperless Post, and Eventbrite.
- Experience with online promotional and social media platforms and Wordpress.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and excellent phone etiquette.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines and work independently.
- Master’s degree
Minimum Education Required