Title: DEVELOPMENT/AWARENESS COORDINATOR
Immediate Supervisor: Executive Director
Status: Permanent Full-Time
General Function: To engage public support for the program. To heighten awareness of domestic violence issues through education and violence prevention programs. To plan, implement and monitor fundraising efforts and awareness campaigns.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Coordinate all media presentations and community education presentations.
2. Coordinate all aspects of fundraising and delegate duties to staff and volunteers.
3. Prepare and produce a quarterly newsletter.
4. Coordinate and plan a yearly direct mail fundraiser.
5. Solicit corporate and major donor contributions.
6. Develop media and community contacts to promote Faith House and domestic violence awareness.
7. Prepare information for all written public relations items and brochures for Director’s approval.
8. Coordinate Domestic Violence Awareness month activities and maintain a calendar of monthly events to be distributed to staff and board.
9. Maintain a continuous presence at publicity/public awareness and fundraising committee meetings.
10. Create yearly awareness and fundraising plans that include: budgets, goals and objectives, strategies for achieving goals and action steps.
11. Maintain a continuous search for funding sources and opportunities. Submit requests for funding as appropriate.
12. Complete monthly reports on fundraising and awareness activities for the Executive Director and Board of Directors. Report verbally and in writing at monthly board meetings.
13. Be available for publicity appearances outside of normal working hours.
14. Serve as the primary media spokesperson.
15. Facilitate public awareness presentations.
16. Seek out and initiate opportunities to establish and enhance Faith House’s position and reputation in the community.
17. Supervise volunteer coordinator and education staff.
17. Be willing to perform any other reasonable duty assigned by the Executive Director.
Prior experience managing DonorPerfect software is recommended.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email cover sheet and resume' to: Info@faithhouseacadiana.com