30 Broad Street
Possible is seeking an Operations Associate to help manage our existing systems, improve efficiency, and ultimately, have a greater impact on the communities we serve.
The Opportunity: Are you the right fit?
Are you a passionate, motivated, and organized person, who is interested in doing behind-the-scenes administrative work, to expand healthcare in underserved communities? Do you love technology, databases and systems—and want to use it for social change? Are you a nonprofit generalist who can hit the ground running to keep the team and work organized?
The Organization: Possible
Possible delivers high-quality, affordable healthcare in rural Nepal. In a country impacted by civil war and natural disasters, and also energized by National Health Insurance and a new federal structure, Possible is helping to transform healthcare in partnership with the Nepal government. Our in-country staff deliver care to over 150,000 patients annually in two hospital hubs,through our community health worker network, and an integrated EHR platform. Our hospital-to-home model is helping reduce maternal and infant morbidity and mortality in rural Nepal, in alignment with Sustainable Development Goals. We envision a future where everyone regardless of location or income, is guaranteed universal health coverage as a human right, not a privilege.
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Direct Reports: None.
2-3 years in an operational role
- Diverse Generalist: This role will interact and support Partnerships (fundraising), Finance, People Operations, and the Board of Directors.
- Systems Building: This role will empower you to design, execute, and coach others on smart systems and process design. Activities will include logistics, revenue tracking, budgeting, relationship management, finance, and general administration. The candidate should have a comfort with being a generalist, a willingness to problem solve, and the ability to roll up their sleeves and do the little things.
- Passion for Possible’s Mission: You will succeed if you stay curious and inspired by the mission, understand the work on the ground in Nepal, and show passion for our brand as a pioneering global health organization with a commitment to social change.
Areas of Responsibility:
1. Provide support for organizations finances and human resources.
1a. Finance Support
- Ensure accuracy of revenue across systems;
- Track bills;
- Track individual donations via online and check;
- Assist in budget creation and tracking;
- Review budget to actual from Nepal NGO;
- Develop systems to create cash flow analysis and expenses vs revenue;
1b. Human Resources Support
- Support on-boarding and off-boarding of US-based staff;
- Address any immediate requests regarding payroll and benefits;
- Help to plan monthly All Hands meetings and bi-yearly offsites;
- Ensure accurate payroll;
- Work with the People Operations team to coordinate professional development.
2. Support the partnership function.
2a. Support Salesforce Database
- Update Salesforce on a regular basis to ensure comprehensive revenue data and support grants management;
- Generate weekly/monthly reports for deadline tracking;
2b. Grant and Parnter Management
- Assist Grant Writing team in research and relationship management;
- Issue all donation receipts for offline and large donations;
- Track donor matching gifts;
- Assist with social media and website updates
3. Logistics and New York office management.
3a. Logistics and Coordination
- Support policies for Employee travel and expenses;
- Provide any logistics needs for employees traveling;
- Support Board and Partnership Meetings, including preparing materials/agendas.
- Support logistics for NGO staff traveling from Nepal to US
3b. Office Administration
- Track and order office supplies and software via TechSoup;
- Maintain Possible’s state registration;
- Additional responsibilities, as needed.
The Operations Associate is a full-time job and will be based out of Possible's U.S. headquarters in New York City.
What happens after submission?
If we are interested, your submission will be responded to within 10 days. Please note that due to a large volume of applications, your application may not be responded to. If your application is advanced, we will ask immediately to set up an initial 20-minute phone interview to initiate the interview process.
New York, New York
U.S. 501c3 FTE
2-3 Years, preferably in nonprofit
Background in public health and/or healthcare
Familiarity with/interest in South Asia
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply directly on our website, here: https://possible.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=160