1039 7th Street
Catholic Charities of Los Angeles, Inc. has provided after-school services for children ages 5-13 of working parents for over 30 years through our Adeste program. We take homework, nurturing childcare, positive attitudes, teamwork, and having fun very seriously and we are looking for like-minded nurturing loving, positive, and energized team players to join our Westchester and Santa Monica after-school teaching staff.
- Supervise, manage, and Instruct up to 14 school-age children in activities designed to promote social, physical and intellectual growth.
- Assist the Site Supervisor in planning and implementing the program curriculum in a warm and positive manner in the classroom and outdoors.
- Communicate positively with children, parents, and co-workers.
- Ensure the safety and health of the children at all times.
- Assist children with homework.
- Participate in preparation and distribution of snacks.
- Maintain a clean and safe classroom.
- Observe and document children according to curriculum activity.
- Must have 12 ECE units and at least 6 months of experience working in a licensed child care center.
- Current Infant and Adult CPR and Pediatric First Aid certificate
- Knowledge of Community Care Licensing, Title 22 Rules & Regulations
- Must have TB clearance
- Locations: Westchester and Santa Monica
- Hours: Part-Time M-F, Approx 20 hours per week (after school hours)
- Salary: $13.25 - $14.72 per hour, depending on experience
Benefits to include: Vacation & Sick accrual
Minimum Education Required