Green Building Specialist (Credentialing, Membership, & Education)
- Job posted by U.S. Green Building Council
2101 L St., NW
The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) continues to assemble a dynamic, integrated team of architects, engineers, building scientists, and sustainable development professionals to provide technical expertise on LEED, the GBCI certification process and to current and potential project teams and stakeholders. Our LEED Support team offers over 150 years of combined LEED project experience to help project teams navigate the technical complexities of LEED. In joining this team, the LEED® Specialist will serve as a LEED technical subject matter expert, and draw on direct experience with the LEED® Rating Systems. Reporting directly to the Director of LEED Support, the position is focused on improving the customer’s LEED experience through direct customer engagement.
This position may be performed in our Washington, DC office or remotely.
- Use excellent communication skills to provide professional, clear, and enabling guidance regarding GBCI credentials, USGBC education, and USGBC membership inquiries.
- Participate as an integral member of the Technical Customer Service team, sharing expertise and assisting with the continuous improvement process
- Collaborate with across departments with USGBC, GBCI and other staff to improve the roll out of new projects, evaluate feedback, and refine processes and reference documents to foster the success of existing USGBC and GBCI markets and the development of new markets
- Maintain currency of expertise by staying abreast of new and developing industry issues and trends
- Attend conferences and events as needed (0-4/ year)
- Other duties as requested
Education & training requirements/preferences
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in a field of study related to one or more of the following professions:
- Architecture (architecture, landscape architecture, urban design)
- Engineering (mechanical, civil, electrical, structural)
- Construction Management
- Sustainable Development (sustainable business, sustainability)
- Material Science
- Building Operations (facility management, property management)
- Status as LEED® Accredited Professional
- Minimum of four years of relevant professional experience in the green building, sustainability, and/or sustainability education fields
Other required skills and qualifications
- Commitment to USGBC’s mission
- Excellent communication skills (writing, speaking, and presenting)
- Self-starter, detail-oriented, organized, cooperative, and able to prioritize
- Demonstrated ability to responsibly manage multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax your resume and a letter of interest.
Note the title of the position you are applying for and your salary requirements.
Submit files as PDFs or Word documents.
No phone calls, please.