2991 Shattuck Avenue
Do you have a passion for global education and international exchange? Are you looking to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with talented people who share a global vision?
Global Glimpse is a visionary nonprofit that inspires America’s next generation to become responsible global citizens through after-school workshops and 16-day immersion programs in Latin America. Started in the San Francisco Bay Area in 2007, Global Glimpse has grown to partner with 70+ high schools and serve over 1,000 students annually across the SF Bay Area, Chicago, New York, and Western Massachusetts. We run programs in 16 international sites across Latin America. Through a sliding fee model, Global Glimpse works to make experiential global education accessible to students from all socioeconomic backgrounds; the majority of our students come from low-income families and underserved communities. Our mission is to give all youth an opportunity to gain a broader perspective of the world and develop the motivation, skills, and confidence to tackle challenges in their local and global communities.
Learn more at www.globalglimpse.org
The Bay Area Programs Coordinator will work closely with our Bay Area Program staff to support our partner school program by promoting global awareness, social responsibility, and youth leadership in 50+ public high schools in the Bay Area region. The Programs Coordinator will train and support a network of highly committed volunteer high school educators to recruit outstanding student leaders for the program, effectively run after-school workshops in their schools, and prepare for a 16-day summer immersion in the developing world. This is a fast paced work environment in a highly successful, growing international non-profit organization.
Bay Area Partner School Program
Support all aspects of the regional Partner School Program and be responsible for full program lifecycle including leader recruitment and training, student recruitment, payment administration, managing the after-school workshop program and preparing the students and volunteer educators for summer programs in the developing world. More specifically:
- Respond with professional and timely email correspondence to all external stakeholders (parents, teachers, students, etc.)
- Lead and facilitate fall student recruitment presentations and spring pre-trip parent orientations
- Manage relationships with administrators and district level supervisors
- Support the planning and execution of three weekend trainings for 70+ teacher volunteers
- Manage background checks and school regulations
- Manage volunteers to read and evaluate student applications
- Process tax documents for students applying for need-based scholarships, and follow up with families for missing or additional information during the scholarship review process.
- Log student payments into the program management system, contact students and parents regarding upcoming or missing payments
- Recruit independent trip leaders to lead the Global Glimpse summer immersion program, if necessary
- Manage Bay Area phone line to answer program-related questions and to forward queries to appropriate staff
- Collaborate and network with external partners to encourage program growth and sustainability (companies, schools, districts, nonprofits, etc.)
Alumni Ambassador Leadership Program
- Manage the Bay Area Alumni Ambassador Program (for high school seniors) including facilitating five Saturday Summits that empower students to support the programs at their schools and help them to continue to develop as young leaders.
- Administer program assessments to evaluate program success and effectiveness
- Track Alumni Ambassador commitment levels throughout the year and roll out creative initiatives to keep students engaged during their busy senior year.
- Knowledge of the K-12 education system, a strong network in the Bay Area preferred.
- Passion for international education and youth development
- Ability to work with diverse students, teachers, and families
- Ability to engage professionally with parents, educators, and administrators
- Experience living and working in the developing world
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to work effectively individually or in a small team environment
- Highly organized, strong time management skills, ability to multitask
- High level of professionalism
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Strong public speaking skills and comfortable speaking and facilitating in front of groups
- Experience with payment tracking, accounting, and budget management
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Salesforce
- Fluency in Spanish or another language is a bonus
- Bachelor's degree in international relations, international education or Bachelor's in an unrelated field with significant international experience
- Master's degree in international education or equivalent experience is a bonus
Reports to: Senior Director of US Programs
Benefits & Compensation: Global Glimpse provides great benefits, a fun and inspiring place to work and an opportunity to grow professionally. We offer:
- Competitive nonprofit salary commensurate with experience. This is a full-time, exempt position.
- A comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision.
- Generous paid time off with paid vacation, sick and holiday leave.
- Professional development opportunities w/ stipend.
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter as a single PDF attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please have “Bay Area Programs Coordinator – Your Name” in the subject line of the email.
In your cover letter, please indicate your reasons for wanting to work for Global Glimpse, highlight your specific qualifications for the position, and provide 3 references.