1666 K Street NW
AcademyHealth – the professional home and leading national organization for health services researchers, policymakers, and health care practitioners and stakeholders, is currently seeking an Associate to provide analytical support and content development. The Associate will provide analytic support for a number of projects and programs focused on (1) exploring the methods and impacts of patient and stakeholder engagement in health research, policy, and practices; (2) advancing patient-centered outcomes research (PCOR); and (3) leveraging AcademyHealth core competencies in multi-stakeholder engagement via hosted convenings or learning communities, to improve patient care and clinical / public health outcomes. Subsequent projects may include conducting quantitative or qualitative analyses, leading literature review, and writing issue briefs in collaboration with clients or partners.
The ideal candidate will be a highly organized, motivated self-starter with strong writing, analytic and critical thinking skills. They will have the ability to juggle multiple priorities and thrive in a creative, fast-paced environment.
- Providing background research for reports and issue briefs, on topics related to patient-centered or patient-engaged health research and practice.
- Cultivating and maintaining relationships with various stakeholders.
- Developing and applying substantive knowledge of ongoing efforts at the intersection of outcomes / comparative effective research and quality improvement, health information technology, electronic data, public health, and learning health systems.
- Conducting comprehensive literature reviews using electronic databases, and synthesizing findings.
- Assisting in the development of speeches and other formal presentations.
- Creating and formatting tables, charts, presentations and other graphics.
- Assisting in the writing, editing and production of policy papers, briefs, summaries and reports for distribution.
- Supporting project staff with activities including conference calls, webinars, in-person meetings (including presenter coordination and material preparation, for high-level stakeholders).
- Contributing / posting content for AcademyHealth and other partner websites; and
- Providing administrative support for various project teams.
- Masters degree preferred in health policy, public policy, public health or related field from accredited college or university.
- Two to three years of solid substantive work experience, preferably in a health care policy or research setting.
- Demonstrated interest in public health, health services research, or health policy. Interest in the areas of patient-engaged or patient-centered research, practice, and policymaking are a plus.
- Good work ethic and willingness to work independently and in a collaborative work environment.
- Very strong writing skills and experience synthesizing information into memos, issue briefs, or reports.
- Demonstrated skills in researching and analyzing health policy issues, including an ability to synthesize and summarize large amounts of information and to focus quickly on the essence of an issue.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and master new issues quickly.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and maintain a system of tracking, monitoring, and prioritizing tasks and projects.
- Demonstrated success working as a team member, in roles that call for both substantive and administrative work.
- Strong analytic,critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Excellent customer and client service skills, ability to work with diverse individuals and groups.
- Articulate and professional.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications; and facility with social media (e.g. Twitter) and/or websites a plus.
AcademyHealth offers a collegial work environment, countless professional development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified applicants should send cover letter, resume, writing sample and three references (with phone numbers) to Human Resources, AcademyHealth, 1666 K Street NW, Suite 1100, Washington, DC 20006. Email: email@example.com. Please be sure to reference the position for which you are applying.