Details: Hourly; DOE
8825 Southwest Barnes Road
At Catlin Gabel School, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work as educators. We pride ourselves on being a warm and welcoming community, and we know our school's success is due in large part to the hard work and dedication of our passionate employees.
Catlin Gabel's dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in our curriculum and in our mission. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different. Applications are welcome from anyone and everyone.
TITLE: Events & Stewardship Coordinator
ORGANIZATION: Catlin Gabel School
LOCATION: Portland, Oregon
STATUS: Full-time (Non-Exempt)
The Events & Stewardship Coordinator position is a wonderful opportunity for an eager and experienced events professional to join the Advancement team at Catlin Gabel. We are looking for an individual who is highly organized, has strong attention to detail, provides exceptional customer service, and excels in a high-paced environment. The preferred candidate would have experience in event coordination, managing vendor relationships, and providing team member support.
• Support the Events & Stewardship Director with event coordination, procurement process, and vendor management of the annual auction as well as smaller fundraising and stewardship events throughout the year
• Assist in event guest registration, table seating assignments and bidder numbers; track sponsorship and ticket sales
• Assist with the tracking and securing of auction items through Greater Giving
• Accurately manage event RSVPs, data pulls, and assist with event mailings
• Proof read and assist with the production of event collateral: Invitations, auction booklets, banners, posters, event signage, name badges, table tents, etc.
• Stay knowledgeable and up-to-date on new vendors and creative event ideas to generate a cost efficient and engaging donor experience
• Create and execute post-event surveys; consolidate feedback and report on guest experience
• Assist in the implementation of donor recognition including donor signage and gifts
• Reconcile and accurately record all event expenses
• Participate in related meetings and events, which may occur in the evenings and/or on weekends
• Attend meetings and take notes, as requested
• Other administrative duties, as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree required; one to three years of experience assisting in event coordination
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Must possess outstanding organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
• Customer-service oriented, with a focus on guest experience
• Tech savvy and quick learner. Able to utilize web-based event planning and project management tools (preferably Greater Giving, Raiser’s Edge, and Bidding for Good) in addition to Microsoft Office Suite (Power Point, Excel, Word, Planner)
• Must be able to work well under pressure, work independently and multi-task in a fast-paced environment while keeping attention to detail
• Strong written and verbal communications, preferred
• Must have personal vehicle and valid driver’s license for work-related errands
• Able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends occasionally outdoors, as required
This position requires frequent computer use, occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds, and periods of high physical activity during events on weekends and evenings.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
TO APPLY, PLEASE VISIT (applicants MUST apply via the provided link to be considered): https://catlin.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=247