252 West 37th Street
New York City
Job Title: Academic Administrative Coordinator
Job Type: Part-time
Supervisor: Director of Academics and College Readiness
Direct Reports: None
Row New York seeks to hire a highly organized and task-oriented Academic Administrative Coordinator. The Academic Administrative Coordinator will organize the collection of academic metrics and manage the ordering of academic materials, supplies, and meals. Additionally, the Academic Administrative Coordinator will plan all Academic and Alumni events and programming. The Academics Administrative Coordinator will strive to support programmatic goals that forward the mission of Row New York.
- Manage Academic Administrative Duties:
- Digitally organize and maintain all Academic Records.
- Manage all orders and purchasing of academic supplies.
- Complete monthly credit card class and coding for Academic purchases.
- Serve as point person for all Academic Space renting: research spaces, communicate with spaces, and ensure timely processing of invoices.
- Coordinate and implement academic metrics collection, analysis, and reporting:
- Facilitate successful metrics collection by communicating deadlines and timelines regularly with Academic Coordinator and giving regular and specific updates on collection progress.
- Reinforce report card collection directly from students and schools. Document and organize communications, and collect and organize appropriate documentation.
- Enter metrics directly in Salesforce if needed. Analyze and report results to Academic, Development and Leadership teams.
- Enter Academics attendance into attendance tracker and salesforce if needed. Report weekly and monthly trends.
- Keep rosters and student information up to date by communicating regularly with coaches and Academic staff.
- Plan and coordinate Academic Events, including by not limited to: Young Men’s and Women’s Professional Dinners, ROW(D)Map to College, Career Panels, Special Guest speakers and corporate partners, field trips, and college visits.
- Research and secure food and space for academic events that fit within the academic budget.
- Plan, organize, and execute run of show in collaboration with Academic team and programming staff.
- Work directly with the team to ensure ensure timely completion of tasks and materials/supplies are gathered.
- Collect, analyze, and communicate feedback on all events.
- Manage meal orders for Academic Programming:
- Research food vendors, design healthy menus, and order meals that follow CACFP guidelines and standards for Academic Programming.
- Serve as RNY’s grant coordinator and ensure all CACFP documentation is accurate and submitted on time.
- Work with the Alumni Program Manager to coordinate the Alumni Crew:
- Create opportunities for alumni to network with other alumni, staff, participants, and supporters through a monthly newsletter with updates on alumni, social media, and annual events.
- Establish contact with all graduates of Row New York to maintain updated contact information and college/graduation/job status, with the goal of recruiting from the alumni network to employ at the organization.
- Assist with National Student Clearinghouse database.
- Work closely with the team to create and manage alumni programming and alumni giving program.
- Coordinate volunteer interest, assigning, and onboarding
- Regularly check volunteer interest form responses and communicate with appropriate directors to coordinate volunteer assignments.
- Ensure volunteers are successfully matched with a role and onboarded or have received appropriate communication regarding volunteer opportunities available.
An ideal candidate:
- Is passionate about educational equity and access
- Team Player and willing to support the Academics Team
- Loves spreadsheets and event planning
- Has outstanding organizational skills and pays close attention to detail
- Has strong analytical and written communication skills, a strong work ethic coupled with an enthusiastic and passionate approach to work
- Is a proactive problem-solver who demonstrates initiative and ability to work individually and with a team
- Has proficiency in Excel or Google Sheets, preferred
- Has experience in Salesforce, preferred
Compensation & Benefits:
Row New York is committed to creating a culture that is supportive of learning, growth, and staff development. Our investment in staff includes:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- 401(k) plan
- Health and dental insurance
- Generous paid vacation days, sick days, and holidays
Row New York is an equal opportunity employer. We are firmly committed to affirmative action and strongly encourage people of color, women, LGBTQ, veteran, elderly, and differently-abled candidates to apply. We appreciate all applicants, but please be advised that our capacity allows us to only respond to those best qualified for the position.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter via email with “Academic Administrative Coordinator” in the subject.