3601 S Broad St
• Applicants must be a high school graduate; a Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
• Successful applicants must be able to pass the PA Child Abuse Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Background Check, and FBI Criminal Background Check.
• Advanced computer skills are needed and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications is essential.
• Attention to detail and strong communication skills are critical.
• Familiarity with social media applications is also helpful.
• Applicants should be outgoing and ready to provide a high level of customer service.
• It is especially important that candidates are comfortable working in a fast-paced and high-profile environment.
• Proficiency in Spanish is helpful, but not mandatory.
• General knowledge of ice hockey is helpful, but not mandatory.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Receiving internal and external inquiries.
• Processing student registration forms.
• Managing and updating numerous student databases.
• Assisting Site Coordinators with student communication efforts.
• Assisting with developing content for the Snider Hockey website and social media accounts.
• Assisting with preparation and coordination of Snider Hockey events.
• Assisting with the student retention process and associated data.
• Preparing and distributing promotional materials.
• Assisting with the registration process for Snider Hockey summer camps.
• Scheduling meetings and ordering office supplies.
• Occasional night/weekend duties in the Greater Philadelphia area are required.
• Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Intellectual/Social, Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will constantly be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including but not limited to: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
• While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc; occasionally moves about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly moves about the rinks and event sites before, during and after events to service clients and supervise staff; constantly moves about the ice rink to coach and coordinate programs; constantly communicates via telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information.
• The essential responsibilities of this position are performed indoors, in ice hockey rinks, and other special event sites (indoor/outdoor in the weather conditions prevalent at the time). The noise level in the work environments can range from moderate to loud during events/programs, and is minimal during non-event/program times.
Reports to: Program Support Coordinator
FLSA Status: Part-Time; Hourly; Non-Exempt
EEO Status: Administrative Support Worker
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position with Snider Hockey, please send a PDF or Microsoft Word version of your cover letter and resume to Careers@SniderHockey.org. Please make sure to include your full name and the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.