144 Howe Street
Development and Marketing Associate
Position Summary: The Development Associate’s main objective is to work with the Development team and Executive Director to generate funds in support of Tree Street’s programs and operations. This is a new position that will allow a creative, energetic person to jump into our organization and expedite our current fundraising and marketing activities, as well as assist in the creation of new sources of funding. The Associate will plan one or more fundraising events each year and assist with grant research, writing, and administration. Additionally, they will create new marketing materials, press releases, and manage the website and social media, helping us to increase knowledge of and support for our work on behalf of diverse youth.
· Experience: Successful applicant must have 1 or more years of experience or demonstrated skills in fundraising, grant writing, community relations, event planning, outreach, or related work.
· Education/Training: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
· Technology: Proficient in computer use including Adobe InDesign, database management, social media, and donor management software such as Little Green Light or Donor Perfect.
· Supports the mission of Tree Street and is passionate about helping diverse children and families.
· Has excellent professional written skills, including the ability to write persuasively.
· Takes initiative and can function with limited supervision (self motivated).
· Possesses the ability to work well with diverse others and foster collaboration
· Pays attention to detail and has strong organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
· Has strong working knowledge of computer programs: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, database applications, basic web design, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Supports the development and maintenance of portfolios of major individual, corporate, and foundation prospects and donors
· Coordinates sponsorship requests and provides appeal packets for board or staff
· Manages donor records, acknowledgements, and related correspondence
· Coordinates special event planning and execution with volunteer/staff team
· Attends and participates in Development Committee and takes and distributes minutes
· Participates in strategic planning and visioning for Tree with other staff
· Creates/coordinates press releases
· Other duties as assigned by ED
· Develop and distribute event related marketing materials including: social media postings, sponsorship packets, flyers, invitations etc.
· Coordinate production of mailings, newsletters and appeals
· Manages all updates to website
· Develop and carry out a social media plan for current platforms (I.e. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
· Work collaboratively with staff and Interface with youth to collect impact stories and highlight daily activities at center
· Participates in marketing/tabling events that increase visibility
· Ensures reporting compliance for all agency grant deliverables; provides writing and editing support to managers
· Creates weekly or monthly fundraising reports as necessary for fundraising
· Updates and maintains grants, marketing, and donor management databases in line with development plan
· Maintains guest lists and other database activities that relate to special events
· Maintains/updates calendars for all such initiatives; keeps ED posted on deadlines in a timely manner.
· Utilizes available research tools to identify prospective government, foundation, and corporate funding opportunities; makes recommendations regarding potential funders.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to Moira@TreeStreetYouth.org