Office Assistant @ 850 Grand Street Campus (Williamsburg Beacon Community Center, Compass High, Career GPS Center, Attendance Improvement/Dropout Prevention)
- Job posted by St. Nicks Alliance
850 Grand Street
St. Nicks Alliance is a nonprofit, nonsectarian community-based organization founded in 1975 with the mission to serve as a catalyst to improve the quality of life of residents in the communities of Williamsburg - Greenpoint in Brooklyn through its work in five main areas: housing, healthcare, workforce development, economic development and youth and education.
Established in 1994, the Division of Youth & Education serves 2,500 youth and family members annually with a mission to enable young people to become lifelong learners and thrive as adults. All programs are grounded in well-established youth development principles and as such are characterized by trusting, caring relationships with peers and adults; youth engagement and input; and a sense of belonging and community.
We envision a community of lifelong learners who create trusting relationships with one another and participate in high-quality programming. We strive for our youth to try new things, make friends, learn new skills, find inspiration, and grow into the next generation of leaders. When our youth nurture a love for learning, they will thrive in school, college, work, and beyond.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Greet and announce visitors to program
• Escort visitors through the building to the appropriate rooms
• Answer and route all phone calls
• Exhibit a warm and welcoming demeanor with all families, potential participants, and external stakeholders
. • Provide day-to-day assistance to the Director and after-school and camp staff.
• Maintain cleanliness of the offices
• Manage inventory of supply closet
• Keep bulletins board up to date
• Manage packages and deliveries
• Assist staff in implementing various program needs.
• Create and manage system for registration, waiting lists and attendance for programs and special events.
• Create file system and maintain records in an orderly and accessible manner.
• Work with families to process new applications and select appropriate programs.
•Attend job related training and staff meetings.
• Act as liaison to school and community
• Record and organize minutes for staff meetings.Assist with the planning and implementation of program
events and workshops including ordering necessary food/supplies and assisting with set-up.
• High school diploma and minimum of 1 year secretarial experience preferred.
• Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
• Must have 1 year of related youth development experience
. • Must have knowledge and competence in variety of database systems, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have a commitment to work from a strength based and/or youth development perspective.
Minimum Education Required