4501 Ford Avenue
Description: The Director of Development directs the development department in establishing and conducting programs to ensure both the short-term and long-term financial health of Mil Mujeres. He/She serves as a leader in the organization, working closely with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors to fulfill our mission.
Specific Duties And Responsibilities:
- Take responsibility for achieving annual and multi-year fundraising goals, while strategically increasing Mil Mujeres National’s fundraising capacity.
- Design, implement, and manage all fundraising activities, including individual giving and membership dues; corporate grants and sponsorships; foundation grants; and coordinating fundraising events all over the nation;
- Supervise and oversee work performed by staff in development-related matters.
- Manage strategies and activities for donor cultivation, solicitation, and acknowledgement, for all categories of gifts.
- Integrate digital and an effective social media strategy with overall fundraising plan.
- Manage the cultivation process for the engagement of donors, partners and other prospects by the executive director and board members.
- Develop and maintain systems to track progress on revenue goals.
- Regularly assess return on investment for various fundraising activities.
- Maintain an annual development calendar with relevant dates for appeals, asks, and applications; renewals; and funder reports of all kinds.
- Work with Executive Director, Executive Team and Board of Directors to prepare development budget for the organization.
- Enhance and create business processes and systems to support development work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in nonprofit development work
- Demonstrated success in managing a substantial fundraising portfolio
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic support of Mil Mujeres' strategic vision, mission, and goals
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required