1528 Walnut St
The Foreign Policy Research Institute (FPRI), founded in 1955, is a non-partisan, non-profit 501(c)(3) organization devoted to bringing the insights of scholarship to bear on the development of policies that advance U.S. national interests
The part-time Communications Assistant will support FPRI’s Eurasia Program leadership in executing its communication strategy with the goal of increasing overall impact of the program’s work. This will include significantly growing readership and social media following, increasing exposure in local and national print media, and informing business leaders and policymakers in Washington DC and elsewhere.
1. Create weekly customized emails disseminating Eurasia publications
2. Grow and manage the Eurasia Program’s social media following
3. Build targeted lists for the program’s initiatives and outreach efforts
4. Research potential private sector partnerships
5. Manage mailings of printed products to key lists
6. Assist the leadership team in building and cultivating relationships with policymakers in Washington, D.C., local
media, and private sector
Please note that this is a grant-funded part-time position for a maximum of 9 months.
· Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or Public Relations required
· Minimum 2 year of relevant work experience (internships will qualify as relevant experience)
· Proficiency in MailChimp
· Proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop, MS Excel, and PiktoChart a plus
· Independent work ethic
· Excellent organization, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
· Must be based in Greater Philadelphia area
· Interest in Russian, Eurasian and East European region
· Understanding of D.C. legislative structure, State Department, Department of Defense, and key US national
· Educational background in Political Science, History, International Relations or other liberal arts field is a plus.
· Think tank work experience (including internships)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email resume and a writing sample to Maia Otarashvili at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 26, 2018.