4301 Connecticut Avenue, NW Suite M-2
About Girl Scouts
Girl Scouts Nation’s Capital is the largest Girl Scout Council in the country. It provides girls in grades K-12 with opportunities to learn new skills, make friends, and discover the power of girls together. We’re the preeminent leadership development organization for girls.
An Excellent Opportunity
We are looking for a Membership Specialist who can help us successfully bring in more girls and their families to join the Girl Scout movement in Fairfax County, Virginia. We are on a mission to build girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place. The right candidate won’t just be promoting a program. Their work will impact and change future generations!
Here’s What You Will Be Doing
- Using your art of persuasion to convince girls, their parents, other caring adults, and community partner organizations to join, volunteer, promote, and give of their time and resources.
- Working towards a specific girl membership goal in order to grow the opportunity of Girl Scouting in the communities you are serving.
- Making cold contacts daily, mostly through telephone and email, as well as follow up with warm leads.
- Maintaining strong relationship with adult volunteers through phone calls, emails, and in-person meetings, including assisting with conflict resolution as the need arises.
- Recruiting for and working with administrative teams of volunteers to serve Girl Scout families in small segments of the community.
- Training and being a cheerleader for volunteers on girl and volunteer recruitment.
- Supporting outreach efforts through girl program, including day camps and sampler troops.
Is this you?
- Passionate about girl leadership
- Sales or other membership recruitment experience, or at least a strong desire to learn it, including cold contacts
- Persistent, dedicated, and committed
- Self-motivated and efficient with strong time-management skills
- Great written and oral communication skills, including public presentations
- Experienced with Microsoft Office; familiarity with Salesforce, a plus
- Ability to work 1–9 PM weekdays on a regular basis, with occasional 9AM – 5PM schedule during the week and frequent weekend events.
- Have access to automobile for daily travel
- Girl Scout experience, especially as adult volunteer, is very helpful (but not critical)
- Comfortable and able to converse in Spanish would be useful (but not a must)
Some of Our Benefits
- 100% employer-paid HMO for employees (dependent coverage, POS, dental/vision available)
- 3% employer contribution to 403(b), plus additional 2% match
- Generous paid leave benefits
- Friendly colleagues who are dedicated to a common mission to make a difference in the lives of girls
Do you like a traditional job description? We have that too! It’s on our website: www.gscnc.org/jobs.
Our benefit package is generous, including:
- 3 health insurance options (The Council pays the full monthly premium for individual coverage in the HMO or HMO/HSA and contributes $91.53 per pay period to the HSA for employees on that plan.)
- Dental and vision plan
- 100% employer-paid life and AD&D insurance
- 100% employer-paid long-term disability insurance
- Voluntary employee-paid short-term disability insurance
- Immediate, 100% vested, employer contribution of 3% to 403(b) plan
- 403(b) match of 2% available after 12 months of employment (3 year vesting)
- A generous paid vacation policy (0-3 years = 18 days; >3 years = 24 days)
- 10 paid holidays, annually – including 1 floating holiday
- 12 paid sick days, annually
- 10 paid New Child Leave days for qualifying staff
- Flexible spending plans for certain medical and dependent care expenses
- Employee assistance program
- Metro SmartBenefits® (pretax transportation program)
- Garage parking at our main office, conveniently paid through pretax payroll deduction
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, click here or the link above to complete application through our website.
An Equal Opportunity Employer