25 East 78th Street
Bloomberg Associates Client Services and Partnerships Manager
Bloomberg Associates is an international consulting service founded by former New York City Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg as a philanthropic venture. We provide pro-bono services to mayors to help city governments improve the quality of life of their citizens. Although we are a philanthropic enterprise, we function and work as a private-sector management consulting firm.
About the Role:
Bloomberg Associates is looking to hire a Client Services and Partnerships Manager to manage relationships with our clients and strategic partners and ensure prompt, tailored and professional service delivery. The position will be primarily responsible for monitoring and tracking Bloomberg Associates projects across all our client cities, developing and providing quality control for client-facing materials, and work with our team to ensure our project management systems are regularly updated. In addition to these responsibilities, the role will also provide project support to our Strategic Partnerships unit, which is dedicated to helping cities establish legal vehicles and programs for public‐private collaborations. In this capacity, the role will help the unit's Senior Lead with general project management and research support.
The role will report directly to the Bloomberg Associates Chief of Staff.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, capable of working across multiple departments, and adept at balancing many disparate projects at one time. The candidate will have a strong project management and client management background and keen attention for detail. In addition to managing our current systems and processes, we would be looking for an innovative and solutions-oriented think who will be proactive and help identify opportunities to streamline and enhance services and operations.
• 3‐5 years of experience
• Bachelor's degree with a strong academic record is a must; Masters Degree preferred
• Experience with day‐to‐day client and project management
• Self‐starter who can work independently and take initiative
• Ability to work effectively under pressure, making and meeting deadlines
• Has demonstrated strong performance in prior roles with increasing levels of responsibility
• Excellent written and verbal skills required; additional language skills greatly preferred
• Highly organized and detail‐oriented
• Skilled in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint), SQL, DBM Project Management Software
• Administer the Organization’s project management tool, and ensure that projects are inputted, tracked and updated in a timely manner.
• Manage inventory of client, executive, and organizational materials and ensure they are updated on a regular basis.
• Monitor and track news, political landscape, and other relevant information surrounding BA clients and partners
• Manage Bloomberg Associates Templates, Style Guide, Photo and Icon Library for client materials
• Support the on-boarding and off-boarding process for new and closing client engagements
• Develop substantive briefings and analysis for BA on research topics including, but not limited to: professional biographies, government structures (city, state and national), relevant political/economic affairs, etc.
• Help prepare internal and external stylized reports and presentations
• Travel required for this role
• General project management support, including participating on client calls, preparing materials, and tracking progress.
• Research support to help the team find relevant background, legal and other information related to clients and the work.
• Providing administrative support for the unit, such as preparing travel itineraries, scheduling meetings/calls, notetaking and transcription, etc.
Bloomberg Associates is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and accomplishment.
Directed by a team of globally recognized experts and industry leaders, Bloomberg Associates works to improve urban environments by collaborating with cities to develop actionable best practices, build consensus and foster key relationships. With experience in both the public and private sector, the Bloomberg Associates team is well-equipped to undertake any short or long-term municipal challenge. Through its guidance and mentorship, Bloomberg Associates delivers actionable insights and plans across multiple disciplines. For each City engagement, the Bloomberg Associates is focused in eight disciplines:
• Social Services
• Digital Strategies
• Medial & Tech
• Municipal Integrity & Transparency
• Cultural Assets Management
• Marketing & Tourism
• Urban Planning
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply