The Democratic Attorneys General Association provides political and policy support to Democratic State Attorneys General in their mission to protect citizens, promote progress, and support civil rights.
Reports To: Executive Director & Events Director
Salary Range: $60,000-$70,000
We are looking for a resourceful, detail-oriented, organized, high-performing individual to serve as an Executive Assistant/Scheduler to the Executive Director and an Events Coordinator for DAGA’s quarterly conferences and events. The ideal candidate will be flexible, detail-oriented, and comfortable using new technologies. The Executive Assistant must be able to work under pressure at times and handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Provide comprehensive support services to the Executive Director
- Provide comprehensive support services to the Executive Director
- Plan and maintain the Executive Director’s calendar
- Coordinate travel logistics for the Executive Director
- Support the Executive Director with internal and external communications including managing the Executive Director’s email
- Act as a liaison and manage communication between the executive(s) and AGs, board members, and other stakeholders; act as an extension to the executive(s) when needed
- Support organizational governance by taking meeting minutes and other tasks
- Compile and process expense reports and reimbursements
- Record the Executive Director’s time in the time tracking system
- Create, send, and track responses to conference attendee surveys before and after events
- Responsible for onsite and virtual event registration including outreach to AGs and AG staff to confirm attendance for each panel/session and social event
- Utilize SMS service to send multiple text reminders to all attendees
- Responsible for shipping supplies and equipment during in-person events including nametags, information packages, printers, and other necessary supplies
- Manage and staff onsite registration and serve as an onsite helpdesk for guests and attendees
- Coordinate various event logistics including, but not limited to, printing nametags, room schedules, transportation logistics, and event set-up/tear-down.
- Oversee special projects and other administrative assignments assigned by the Executive Director and the Events Director as required
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 cycles campaign or hill experience
- Familiarity with campaigns or progressive organizations
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to take the initiative, multi-task, be a team-player, be flexible, adapt to shifting priorities, and prioritize work
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills, commitment to accuracy, and attention to detail
- Ability to access a wide range of sources and networks for information
- Good judgment and ability to function independently
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and Outlook
- Ability to manage up
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with diplomacy
- Ability to travel to four quarterly policy conferences
- Bi-lingual or multi-lingual fluency is a plus
- DAGA’s office is open 9 AM – 6 PM Eastern, but extended and nontraditional work hours are required.
- DAGA offices are in downtown DC but are currently closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. DAGA can currently accommodate remote work, although the position will be DC-based once DAGA reopens its office.
- DAGA will work with potential candidates to schedule remote interviews and process onboarding procedures remotely, as necessary.
- DAGA offers a generous benefits package that includes fully paid health, dental, vision, short-term, long-term, and life insurance policies, pretax spending accounts, monthly remote work stipend, or monthly transit benefit.
- DAGA values a truly diverse workforce and is committed to a culture of inclusivity, respect, and integrity.
- We strongly encourage people with disabilities, people of color, transgender and non-binary people, and people from diverse backgrounds to apply.
- DAGA is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to race; color; religion; national origin; sex: age; marital status; personal appearance; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; family responsibilities; disability; matriculation; genetic information; credit Information; status as a victim or family member of a victim of domestic violence, a sexual offense, or stalking. DAGA will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.