The National Parks Conservation Associations is looking for a Systems Administrator. The Systems Administrator will perform the administrative functions required to maintain NPCA’s Windows based servers, which includes NPCA’s information technology infrastructure and provide support through various activities to NPCA’s information technology department.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
- Manage all aspects of backing up NPCA’s systems
- Perform hardware and software patches as required
- Perform system administration functions
- Install, configure, upgrade, and maintain Windows servers
- Manage user accounts, i.e. user access rights
- Provide 2nd tier technical support (hardware and software)
- Organize and provides user training.
- Documents and records changes for future reference
- Actively coordinate with team members and other groups to effectively perform general and routine requests such as backup, restores, permissions changes, patch application, and testing.
- Follow procedures, best practices and guidelines to install, patch, configure, customize, troubleshoot, upgrade, integrate, and maintain systems, software, network and port configuration, host-based firewalls, and peripherals.
- Supports and collaborates with team members, software vendors, temporary and contract employees and other technical staff on project efforts to achieve implementation plans and timelines.
- Review and monitor systems for availability, error conditions, adequate space allocation, backup integrity, and performance to ensure system stability.
- Provide reports and capacity data to support metrics for hardware warranty, software licensing and asset management systems.
- Resolve incidents and requests, resulting in meeting or exceeding customer needs, established performance metrics, and efficient, effective, and compliant use of services
- Extensive interaction with all NPCA staff.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please visit our website at www.npca.org for a full job description. Qualified applicants please submit your resume and cover letter directly online to www.npca.org under "Careers". No phone calls please. NPCA is an EOE.
To apply now, click on the link below: