58 7th Ave.
Music Partners Administrative Assistant Job Description
10 hours per week, $25 per hour, flexible schedule
Starting Sept. 4, 2018
· Assist Music Partners Director in design and input of school/faculty calendars and schedules
· Maintain regular updates of schedules, faculty absences, reschedulings throughout the year
· Assist in purchasing, delivering, maintaining instrument inventory
· Assist in payroll review and reconciliation, check requests, supply orders
· Maintain correspondence with potential programs
· Assist with YouthInc/Algorhythm and other program evaluations
· Assist in scheduling, publicizing, and VIP invites to school concerts
· Work with Marketing to design and implement strategies to increase awareness of BKCM and Music Partners, deepen connections to partner sites, through social media, linking websites, distributing banners and other BKCM materials
· Assist in planning and production of Music Partners Festival
Requirements: experience using Excel, Microsoft, Google Sheets and Documents, detail oriented, excellent written and communication skills, patient, persistent. Musical training a plus, but not required.
Report to: Music Partners Director; work with Finance, Marketing
Work location: at least 50% of weekly hours must take place at BKCM.
Interested applicants may send cover letter and resume to Dorothy Savitch, Music Partners Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are welcome through August 15. Applications received after August 15 will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
About the Brooklyn Conservatory of Music:
Founded in 1897 as a formal music conservatory serving 200 students, the Brooklyn Conservatory of Music now serves more than 15,000 individuals annually and collaborates with more than 50 organizations including schools, and youth, social service and senior centers, as well other arts and culture organizations and city agencies, to provide music instruction, music therapy, and performances in Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island and Manhattan.
Mission: The Brooklyn Conservatory of Music: transforming lives and building community through the expressive, educational and therapeutic powers of music.
Core Values: BKCM is committed to providing a nurturing environment that promotes and personifies excellence, collaboration, and community for individuals engaged in performing and music study.
BKCM is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate due to age, sex, religion, race, color, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor prohibited by law.
Minimum Education Required