606 South Olive Street
As a member of the Marketing and Communications (MarComm) team, the Marketing & Communications Coordinator is an exciting opportunity for someone who is social media savvy and passionate about building a career in communications. Reporting directly to the Managing Director of Communications, the MarComm Coordinator will play a critical role in meeting team goals and providing top-notch support to the Executive Office, Recruitment, Development and Program teams to ensure site-wide communications goals are met. A successful candidate will be creative, resourceful, adaptable, with a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Planning & Strategy:
- Develop social media and blog calendars that supports the overall social media strategy as well as the larger marketing and communication objectives
- Create and maintain project plans for content delivery, ensuring on-time execution, cross-functional representation, and content approval
- Identify social media channels and relevant audiences for activation; Plan, organize, optimize, and execute social media campaigns
- Monitor mentions, social campaigns, and City Year’s brand in social spaces, reporting performance, noteworthy conversations, positive or negative trends to relevant internal Marketing, Communications, Public Policy, Government Relations, Legal, and senior leadership teams
- Content Development:
- Produce content to achieve social media objectives while leveraging late-breaking opportunities for both national and local Marketing and Communications
- Create and curate daily engaging content that resonates with target audiences on relevant social platforms
- Develop shareable copy, videos, images and visuals
- Advocate for the organization in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues, answering questions, seeding content where appropriate, and posting on relevant blogs
- Align content with City Year’s voice and tone to develop City Year’s personality in the social space
- Site Social Media Leadership:
- Lead a cohort of AmeriCorps members to support the execution of social media strategy and organizational initiatives, develop their storytelling skills, and support their professional development
- Train staff and AmeriCorps members on City Year’s social media guidelines and monitor relevant platforms to ensure compliance
Marketing & Communications:
- Graphic Design:
- Design and manage branded collateral and other materials including customizations for various audiences as requested
- Facilitate print production for materials when required
- Build and manage external relationships with vendors, printers, and others as needed
- Digital Communications:
- Write and design quarterly e-newsletters as well as timely e-communications in MailChimp and/or Marketo
- Write and manage weekly content creation for CYLA blog
- Act as staff photographer and/or videographer as needed.
- Upload, edit, and organize multi-media content for both internal and external use.
- Site-wide Support:
- Support Communications, Development, Recruitment, Program & Service, and Executive teams with relevant marketing and communications outputs, including occasional media relations, collateral design, multi-media, and digital communications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or equivalent relevant work experience
- Creative thinker with strong writing and storytelling skills
- Proficiency with social media and account management platforms - Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat etc.
- Fast learner with an inquisitive mind and eye for detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-moving, team-oriented environment
- Familiarity in using social media community management systems, such as Tweetdeck preferred
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite a plus – (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, Lightroom)
- Experience with photography, video shooting, and editing software a huge plus!
- City Year and AmeriCorps alumni are encouraged to apply
Additional Qualities Needed:
- Ability to be self-motivated and to multi-task
- Efficient time management skills: ability to meet deadlines and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrate a willingness to work in a collaborative and strong team-based organization
- Passion for education and youth development
- Strong oral communication skills
Compensation and Benefits
Full time employees are entitled to compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits for full time employees include health insurance with Flexible Spending Account, paid vacation, holidays, parental leave, 401K, and more.
City Year is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including persons with disabilities and veterans.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please complete the online application and attach a resume and thoughtful cover letter in the "Resume/CV" field on the "My Experience" page. Internal applicants should apply through cyresource.