Full Time Temporary
Community Impact at Columbia University is a non-profit organization that operates 27 social service, mentoring, and education programs, serving youth and adults in the Harlem and Morningside Heights communities with the support of student volunteers. The position is 35 hours a week for 6-8 weeks and may be extended.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Temporary Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support in the areas of personnel, communication, office systems, and programming.
Basic Duties and Functions
- Provide administrative and general office assistance to the Executive Director.
- Perform routine filing, e-mailing, and typing of documents.
- Assist with preparation of documents required for hiring of employees and other HR functions.
- Handle mail and assist with preparation and delivery of informational packets and reports.
- Respond to telephone, in-person and email inquiries.
- Handles other administrative and office tasks as needed.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and a minimum of two years of administrative or related transferable experience required. Strong oral and written communication skills and computer skills required, including Microsoft Word and Excel. Previous work with a non –profit organization preferable.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit a resume and cover letter to Sonia Reese, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.