This position provides management oversight to shelter volunteer program and daily facility operations for Rose Haven, a day shelter and community center serving homeless and abused women and children in Portland, Oregon.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recruits, orients, schedules program volunteers
- Maintains weekly volunteer schedules, confirming with volunteers ahead of time
- Supports shelter program volunteers in learning/performing volunteer tasks
- Oversees volunteer data base including provision of data for monthly program reports
- Performs volunteer background checks, maintain, update volunteer files
- Serve as liaison with program staff and church regarding space use and repair issues
- Supervises meal program coordinator
- Supervises janitorial contract employee
- Maintains inventory and organizes shelter supplies, place orders as needed
- Participates in delivery and inventory of in kind donations at off- site storage locations
- Works with program director to update/maintain RH operating procedures manual, including emergency procedures
- Serves as staff liaison for phone and internet providers
- Prepares/makes weekly deposits to bank
- Maintains staff vacation and shelter event calendars
- Coordinates filing, faxing, storage of administrative documents.
- Provide support for Rose Haven major outreach and fundraising events
- Collaborates with development team on guest celebrations involving volunteers
- Cross trained to cover for direct service staff, including breaks and absences
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Minimum three years of nonprofit/volunteer program management experience
- College degree preferred
- Excellent organizational skills (oral and written) and the ability to excel at details, multi-tasking and working under pressure
- Experience in the use of MS Office Suite software required
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge software preferred
- Ability to lift and carry 20 lbs.
- Daily access to vehicle for work related tasks, have valid ODL
Salary commensurate with experience, health insurance, vacation, sick leave and generous holiday schedules.
Level of Language Proficiency
English. Other languages a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications accepted until position is filled. Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com by September 11, 2018. No phone calls please. Only applicants who receive an interview will be contacted.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Rose Haven is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Rose Haven believes that every individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity. Individuals who hold diverse and marginalized identities are strongly encouraged to apply.