District of Columbia
The Project Coordinator supports one or more IIE programs by performing high level administrative, coordinative, and operational work tasks. The position performs work that requires the application of a variety of procedures, policies and procedures.The main program this Project Coordinator will support is EducationUSA. This particular role will provide support to staff in DC and sub-Saharan Africa.
EducationUSA is a U.S. Department of State network of over 425 international student advising centers in more than 175 countries. The network promotes U.S. higher education to students around the world by offering accurate, comprehensive, and current information about opportunities to study at accredited postsecondary institutions in the United States. EducationUSA also provides services to the U.S. higher education community to help institutional leaders meet their recruitment and campus internationalization goals. EducationUSA is your official source on U.S. higher education.
- Interacts with other team members to arrange and schedule office and team meetings. Duties may include coordinating schedules, preparing meeting materials, setting up computer and A/V equipment, coordinating with IT help teams, note-taking and securing meeting space.
- Drafts and prepares standard office correspondence and other written materials/documents. Duties may include proofreading and editing standard office correspondence and other written materials/documents for spelling and grammar; creating summary reports on department/office activities and accomplishments; and copying and organizing documents that are dispersed internally.
- Updates and maintains office databases, records and reports. Duties may include creating of reports for external and internal use, disseminating of resource data to team members, and providing research and programmatic support as necessary.
- Administers payment requests and invoices. Duties may include processing expense reports, scheduling payments, assisting with the creation of participant budgets, initiating payments to vendors and processing payments made to the office/department.
- Assists in coordinating the logistics and technology requirements for meetings and conferences. Duties may include finalizing travel agendas and budgets, preparing meeting materials, including presentations, and coordinating with vendors. May support other internal project tasks as needed.
Education and Work Experience:
- Requires an Associate's degree in order to apply subject matter of a specialized technical discipline.
- Requires at least two years of related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good organization skills with high attention to detail.
- Ability to work on and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Background experience in sub-Saharan Africa preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites.
Work Conditions & Physical Demands:
Essential functions are performed in a general office setting with low noise. Job demands may require long periods of sitting; telephone work and/or computer work, as well as interactions with other team members and external stakeholders. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.IIE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Minimum Education Required