1922 The Alameda
The Impact Manager is solely responsible for the specific implementation of the Whole School Whole Child service model at an elementary school, middle school, or high school. Job Description
- Managing and coaching a team of 8 - 15 AmeriCorps members providing a clear vision, systems and structures, and professional development to empower and motivate them throughout the year.
- Serving as a trusted advisor to principal and school staff by serving as a member of the school’s Instructional Leadership Team, holding regular meetings with the administrator, maintaining a strong presence in school, working collaboratively with administration and staff to implement the Whole School Whole Child model, and building a bridge between AmeriCorps members and the school so that their work with students is setup for success.
- Inspiring your team to embrace City Year’s culture and the belief that all students can achieve great things in school and life regardless of their socio - economic background or current academic proficiency.
- Developing a team culture that utilizes student achievement data to inform all instructional decisions and embraces grit, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a growth mindset.
- Observing and coaching AmeriCorps members to actively pursue student achievement results through consistently strong instruction and sound lesson planning.
- Providing a strong foundation of intervention management that will ensure regular access for tutoring, protected AmeriCorps member schedules, and a consistent feedback loop for learning.
- Developing AmeriCorps members professionally and empowering them to leverage leadership opportunities and actively pursue professional growth during their service year.
- Investing in the learning and development of AmeriCorps members so that they can translate their experience in City Year to any future professional or academic endeavor.
- Previous experience leading or coaching others required.
- Ability to relate with and inspire 17 – 25 year olds.
- Believes in young people as agents of social change.
- Exhibits a high level of accountability, project execution, and personal responsibility.
- Demonstrates grit, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a growth mindset.
- Ability to mobilize diverse, young groups towards achieving ambitious goals.
- Ability to communicate openly and respectfully with a diverse community.
- Exhibits excellent customer service and is consistent with follow-up.
- Experience navigating difficult conversations around performance, interpersonal and inter-team conflict, race, gender, sexuality, class, education reform, and/or diversity.
- Ability to identify potential partnership problems, analyze issues, and extrapolate appropriate solutions to strengthen relationships.
- Ability to navigate multiple schoolhouse relationships, at times with competing priorities, to implement Whole School, Whole Child model and pursuing student achievement result.
- Invests in Impact Manager team collaboration and development to demonstrate strong leadership and teamwork for AmeriCorps members.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Coaching experience strongly preferred (sports coaches, educational coaches, etc.)
Compensation and Benefits
Full time employees are entitled to compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits for full time employees include health insurance with Flexible Spending Account, paid vacation, holidays, parental leave, 401K, and more.
City Year is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including persons with disabilities and veterans.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified applicants should complete the online application and attach a resume and thoughtful cover letter in the "Resume/CV" field on the "My Experience" page in the application. Internal applicants should apply through cyresource.