1666 K Street Northwest
District of Columbia
AcademyHealth, the professional home and leading national organization for health services researchers, policymakers, and health care practitioners and stakeholders, is currently seeking a Research Associate to provide substantive, analytic, and administrative staff support. The incumbent will support a variety of projects, including a new effort to use “design thinking” to improve the relevance and timeliness of the health services research enterprise.
The ideal candidate is highly organized, a self-starter, great writer and eager to take on new challenges. Early career professionals with two to four years of substantive work experience in a health care policy or research setting are encouraged to apply.
- Developing and applying substantive knowledge of the institutions and context in which health policy is created, health care is delivered, public and population health is pursued, and research is undertaken to support these efforts.
- Working on a team to support a variety of programmatic activities including conference calls, webinars, in-person meetings, including agenda development, presenter coordination and materials preparation.
- Summarizing quantitative and qualitative research and analysis in written, oral, and visual formats.
- Conducting comprehensive literature reviews using electronic databases and synthesizing findings.
- Assisting in the production of policy papers, briefs, summaries and reports for distribution, including writing and editing.
- Cultivating and maintaining relationships with various stakeholders and consultants.
- Updating content and managing the program website and other electronic dissemination vehicles.
- Assisting in the development of new programs and projects, including drafting proposals, and assisting in the implementation of those projects.
- Masters degree in health policy, public policy, economics, public health or related field from accredited college or university including training in quantitative and qualitative analytic methods.
- Two to four years of substantive work experience in health policy, public or population health, health care, or health services research.
- Mature, adaptable, resourceful, detail-oriented individual able to work independently and with a team.
- Creative, strategic thinker; able to recognize/take advantage of opportunities.
- Professional interest in health policy issues.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated project management experience, including demonstrated ability to efficiently plan, organize, and manage complex, multiple projects simultaneously with limited supervision or direction.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
AcademyHealth offers a collegial work environment, countless professional development opportunities, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified applicants should send cover letter, resume, writing sample and three references (with phone numbers) to Human Resources, AcademyHealth, 1666 K Street NW, Suite 1100, Washington, DC 20006. Email: email@example.com. Please be sure to reference the position for which you are applying.
Note: Candidates may submit one of the following as an analytic writing sample: issue brief, article summary, short report or paper. The writing sample should be no longer than six pages.