Details: Salary is commensurate with experience.
85 Broad St.
The Modern Language Association (MLA) seeks a full-time development coordinator to spearhead the MLA’s fund-raising campaigns and initiatives.
Reporting to the MLA’s head of communications, and with guidance from the director of outreach, the development coordinator will oversee the planning, communications, and logistics for fund-raising and engagement events.
· Engages in direct outreach to current and potential donors
· Plans and executes donor engagement initiatives
· Works with the director of outreach to develop strategic and fund-raising partnerships; conducts prospect research
· Prepares donor communications, fund-raising reports, income projections, and budgets
· Works with colleagues to ensure that donation messaging and donor engagement are folded into the full range of MLA programming
· Ensures that information systems technology accurately and efficiently operate to support all MLA development needs
· Contributes to communications and marketing initiatives, including Web pages and digital marketing and social media campaigns
· At least one year of relevant development experience, including prospect research, donor tracking, and event planning (experience with grant applications a plus)
· Undergraduate degree, preferably in a humanities discipline (some graduate work in a humanities field desirable)
· Excellent communication, organizational, and research skills
· Experience with Microsoft Office, WordPress, and social media platforms such as Facebook, and Twitter
· Experience with customer relationship management platforms such as CiviCRM, Blackbaud, or Salesforce desirable
· Experience with Google Analytics desirable
· Experience with Photoshop or InDesign desirable
The MLA provides generous vacation and sick time, flexible work hours, a 403(b) retirement plan, and individual health and dental plans with no shared premium cost.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter and résumé to Development2018@mla.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.