The principle responsibility of the School Social Worker will be to provide individual/group/family counseling to assigned students/families. The school social worker provides appropriate and consistent services to the student, helping to implement educational activities. Other duties will include reviewing all individual/group therapy referrals from school personnel and collaborating with team members in assigning students for individual/group/family counseling. He/she also attends all meetings with school staff involved in clinical services/visits classrooms to observe students/offer consulting services to teachers.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
· Participates in staffing and program development
· Conducts counseling sessions as prescribed by the IEP
· Participates in planning/conducting professional workshops/teacher in-service training
· Contacts families/local school districts/DCP&P/other agencies as needed
· Collaborates with school personnel on cases of suspected child abuse & makes reports to DCP&P
· Conducts counseling with parents as directed
· Attends meetings with parents/teachers
· Serves as a CST liaison
Other knowledge, skills, and certifications required:
NJ Certified School Social Worker
Must be of good morale character.
Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, AFLAC, 401k and paid time off.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates can apply online by visiting www.archwayprograms.org.