Part Time Temporary
The Public Theater is seeking a seasonal Marketing Assistant to work closely with the Marketing team from March – August 2018.
Continuing the work of its founder, Joe Papp, The Public Theater is a civic institution engaging with some of the most important ideas and social issues of today. As one of the nation’s first nonprofit theaters, The Public has long operated on the principles that theater is an essential cultural force and that art and culture belong to everyone. The Public’s programming includes an annual season at its home at Astor Place, Free Shakespeare in the Park at the Delacorte Theater, The Mobile Unit, Public Forum, Under the Radar, Public Studio, Public Works, Public Shakespeare Initiative, and Joe’s Pub.
The Marketing Assistant supports the sales and promotional efforts of the Marketing team, with an emphasis on general marketing initiatives of our hosted summer programming and serving as a liaison with partner organizations.
· Execute media plans for hosted summer programs as set up and planned by the Marketing Manager, including but not limited to building and deploying emails, coordinating print collaterals, digital assets, and production graphics
· Collect and record marketing campaign metrics for reporting and analysis
· Serve as primary liaison between partner organizations and the marketing team, including graphics and collateral requests
· Assist with building external and internal email communications, tracking metrics, surveys, and coordinating trades with partners
· Collaborate with the Marketing Manager on marketing plans including research
· Provide other general support for our summer programming
· Perform additional duties as assigned
Candidates should be highly motivated, entrepreneurial, and able to navigate a fast-paced professional theater environment. We are seeking an unflappable problem solver who takes initiative, can multi-task, has good time management skills and can manage deadlines amidst multiple shifting priorities. Minimum of 1-year experience in a marketing role. Familiarity with image editing, HTML, email marketing platforms and database systems, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, WordFly and/or Tessitura, and knowledge of another language other than English a plus. The ideal candidate will demonstrate experience or an interest in working in non-profit/cultural sectors or related fields. Work may include some weekends and evenings.
This is a Non-Exempt position, according to the Fair Labor Standards Act, and available immediately.
Please send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
The Public is committed to creating diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
Minimum Education Required