675 Kealaloa Avenue
Assistance Dogs of Hawaii (ADH) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that trains and places Assistance Dogs for children and adults with limited mobility. We are seeking a part-time bookkeeper (approx. 10 hours each week) to handle our ongoing bookkeeping and financial reporting needs. The bookkeeper is expected to work from our office, located in Makawao, HI, for six hours each week. This position will report to the Assistant Director and will work closely with the Executive Director. To learn more about Assistance Dogs of Hawaii, please visit http://www.assistancedogshawaii.org/. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
About the Position:
The Staff Bookkeeper/Accountant will support the Office Manager and Executive Director in carrying out the responsibilities of the finance department, ensuring that financial records are maintained accurately and consistent with accounting standards for non-profit agencies. Responsibilities include Payroll, Accounts Receivable, general accounting and reconciliations.
Primary job responsibilities include:
- Use QuickBooks bill function to record and pay bills
- Process staff reimbursement and check requests in a timely manner
- Liaison with Office Manager to handle all monthly billing and collections
- Record check deposits and Paypal deposits.
- Record and process all receivables, pledges, and in-kind gifts
- Post credit card transactions
- Reconcile all bank accounts
- Post EFT vendor payments to QB
Payroll & Benefits
- Review time sheets for accuracy; internally track vacation and sick time
- Maintain payroll records
- Assist with HR requirements as needed
- Process payroll using Quickbooks
- Manage employee health insurance program
- Manage employee retirement program
- Cash flow management including reconciliation of all bank and credit card accounts
- Prepare and file monthly, quarterly, and annual tax returns and licenses as needed. This includes GET, State and Federal.
- Assist with annual budget preparation; input new budget to QuickBooks
- Prepare detailed monthly financial statements for Executive Director and Finance Committee
- Assist in organizing department paperwork, department files and archiving for ease of retrieval
- Prepare various invoices for reimbursement and assist in grant reporting
- Issue year end 1099s and W2’s
- Maintain physical filing system
- Assist with yearly 990 audit
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Business Administration, Management or a related field preferred. Related education and related experience may be substituted. Minimum 2-5 years accounting and/or finance experience. Payroll experience that includes processing, recording, reconciling, and reporting in Quickbooks.
- Energetic, self-motivated team player, able to see the big picture and maintain attention to detail.
- Proven organizational skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while working on diverse projects under pressure.
- Aware and able to prioritize workload, targeting deadlines within the confines of working with a variety of people in all departments of the organization.
- Able to communicate effectively and efficiently through verbal and/or written means.
- Maintains and regards all department information as highly confidential.
- Flexibility, sense of humor, grace under pressure a must.
Computer Skills: Proficiency with computer usage especially Quickbooks, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Assistance Dogs of Hawaii is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This organization does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Minimum Education Required