7100 Connecticut Avenue
4-H, the nation’s largest youth development organization, grows confident young people who are empowered for life today and prepared for career tomorrow through hands-on learning. 4-H programs inspire kids to do by empowering nearly six million young people across the U.S. through experiences that develop critical life skills. In the U.S., 4-H serves every county and parish through our network of 110 universities and more than 3000 local offices. 4-H is led by a unique private-public partnership of universities, federal and local government agencies, foundations and professional associations. National 4-H Council is the private sector, non-profit partner of the Cooperative Extension System and 4-H National Headquarters located at the National Institute of Food and Agriculture within the United States Department of Agriculture.
4-H seeks a Marketing Operations Specialist to work closely with the Marketing team in establishing systems and procedures as it relates to marketing planning and budget management and execution. The Marketing Operations Specialist will establish a unified reporting and tracking system for metrics, budgets, and planning meetings, working closely with marketing team members to ensure coordination and delivery of marketing materials to ensure brand marketing efforts are available in a timely manner to all stakeholders.
- Establish unified, cadenced reporting system for budgets and metrics tracking including developing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) dashboards for key meetings (staff, board, retreats).
- Coordinate budget tracking and support Subject Marketing Experts (SMEs).
- Serve as contract/invoice system steward, including tracking purchase orders, recording and archiving in a systematic and accessible manner.
- Work in partnership with SMEs to review/approve marketers/vendors purchase orders/contracts and invoices.
- Liaise with account managers in Resource Development Department to coordinate marketing related budget timing, invoicing, and accuracy with partners.
- Work in partnership with accounts and finance to manage budgets through budget systems
- Monitor and support brand budgeting in collaboration with Integrated Marketing Manager and marketing team leads
- Coordinate key marketing meetings through preparation of deliverable and brand calendar timing.
- Bachelor’s degree with three to five years of experience managing marketing operations budgets, and project management or commensurate work experience.
- Strong familiarity with excel, and power point.
- Excellent analytical and oral skills.
- Problem-solver, flexible, with the ability to anticipate and forward plan.
Travel Requirements: Travel may be necessary, up to 5% of the time (local, regional, national, international). Would require travel by air, car, rail.
This position typically has the following career ladder:
- Marketing Operations Manager
- Sr. Marketing Operations Manager
Minimum Education Required