50 California Street
Reporting to the VP, Finance/ Capital Strategies, the Financial Analyst will provide financial support to the corporate finance and related functions. The primary responsibilities are in the areas of financial projections and modeling, budget and forecast preparation, and loans payable portfolio management. This role will maintain and produce regular financial reports in addition to ad hoc analyses, as needed. Under the supervision of both the VP, Finance/ Capital Strategies and the Senior Financial Analyst, the incumbent will be responsible for technical analysis to determine present and future financial performance and will gather, analyze, prepare, and summarize recommendations for financial plans, trended future requirements and operating forecasts.
The Low Income Investment Fund is a national non-profit community development financial institution, with headquarters in San Francisco and offices in Los Angeles, New York and Washington D.C. LIIF builds healthy communities by bridging the gap between private capital markets and low-income neighborhoods. LIIF is a steward for capital invested in affordable housing, childcare, education and other community initiatives.
- Supports the analytic needs of the Chief Financial Officer and the VP of Finance/ Capital Strategies through financial modeling and projections.
- Assists with the preparation of the annual budget.
- Helps to maintain and develop budgeting and reporting systems (Adaptive Planning).
- Provides analytical support in the development and execution of annual business plans and budgets across several Operations teams.
- Evaluates and interprets trends and other considerations that could or will influence expenses and costs of LIIF.
- Monitors debt service and provides trend analysis for notes payable.
- Assists with quarterly compliance reporting.
- Provide analytic support to Senior Financial Analyst and VP for cash flow management borrowing needs and asset/ liability management.
- Responds to urgent ad hoc and routine requests to meet the information requirements of management and external parties.
- Actively supports team member of the corporate finance department providing excellent internal and external customer service.
- Other functions as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with emphasis in Accounting or Finance, Graduate Level Degree preferred Minimum 3 years relevant experience.
- Excellent Excel and Microsoft Office skills
- Strong ability to write and communicate effectively.
- Flexibility to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and set priorities.
- Commitment to maintaining ongoing professional development and educational standards.
- Individual must be committed to LIIF’s mission
We offer excellent benefits. See our website for overview
Minimum Education Required