908 Wahler Place, SE
What You Will Do
The Operations Coordinator is a high-capacity, energetic, detail-oriented individual who will be responsible for assisting the Operations Manager in all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the school. The Operations Coordinator is charged with ensuring that all of the small details of running a school are attended to, from data reporting to school supplies, facilities upkeep, family and community outreach, events planning and management, and communications. Additionally, the Operations Coordinator will fully own discreet projects, from time to time, at the discretion of the Operations Manager.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will:
- Receive supplies and track shipments as needed
- Monitor inventory for all common school supplies and uniforms (if applicable)
- Maintain inventory of all assets in the building, including computers, equipment, furniture, etc.
- Provide administrative support for the school including, but not limited to, photocopying, preparation of school mailings, faxing, scanning, document organization and maintenance
- Support the operational logistics of scholar test administration for all major interim and standardized testing, including distribution of test materials
- Support logistical planning and implementation for all special programming, including the production of any documentation or distribution of any information (i.e. Parent-Teacher Conferences, field trips, Family Nights, etc.)
- Report building maintenance needs to the Operations Manager
- Complete tasks assigned by the Operations Manager and/or Chief Operating Officer to ensure the building meets Achievement Prep’s standards of excellence
- Set up tables, deploy resources and manage transactions for the DREAM Store (weekly scholar incentive) every week
- Support coordination with vendors and custodial staff on repairs, deliveries, and installations
- Assist the Operations Manager in preparing the school for all-staff summer pre-service and start of new school year for scholars
- Lead facility set-up or organizational design needed to accommodate day-to-day activities or outside visitors
- Liaise with and support network-wide operations team regularly
- Attend and support monthly Family Nights/events that invite families into the building
Scholar Data and Information
- Ensure all appropriate documentation is gathered during enrollment/re-enrollment processes
- Work with the Operations Manager and Office Coordinators to ensure attendance, discipline, and scholar achievement data is accurate and updated on schedule
- Organize and lead attendance incentives with campus Culture leadership team
- Audit scholar records to ensure ongoing completeness and accuracy
- Produce ad-hoc reports from scholar information systems for school leadership team to manage daily and weekly operational performance
- Configure all electronic grade books correctly and in a timely manner
- Serve as point person for teacher technical support in using the scholar information systems for attendance, grading, and discipline
- Ensure the timely production of progress reports and report cards
- Produce academic and school culture reports weekly (i.e. rewards, scholar paychecks, DREAM Block Challenge, etc.)
- Support processing of National School Lunch Program applications and meal tracking, as needed
- Support daily attendance tracking and monitoring by electronically recording attendance, tardies and absences and contacting families accordingly
- Oversee scholar attendance data to ensure that it is reconciled and accurate on a daily basis
- Audit scholar behavior data for completeness on a regular basis
Scholar Enrollment Processes
- Collect, track and monitor school enrollment information and work with Operations Coordinator to ensure that all enrollment paperwork is accurate and on file for all enrolled scholars;
- Coordinate with Network Office staff to ensure that all enrollment documents meet state and federal compliance guidelines and requirements.
- Deliver 5-Star Customer Service to all Achievement Prep stakeholders
- Drive positive family and community relations for the school through quality communications and interactions
- Track and fulfill operations requests from staff within 1 business day
- Support front desk, main office, scholar meal, and copy center services as needed
- Manage time, tasks, deadlines and responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
General School Support
- Complete individual projects as assigned by the Campus-Based Leadership Team through the Operations Manager
- Coordinate with custodial or food service staff and Operations Manager to ensure immediate or unexpected cleaning or food service needs are handled appropriately
- Dispense medications to scholars when the school nurse in unavailable
- Record and maintain the school calendar and daily schedules electronically
- Assist the Operations Manager with planning and implementing school special events
- Engage in additional school-wide responsibilities, such as lunch/recess duty, hallway posts, events committees, etc.
- Receive continuous feedback from peers and school leaders on your practice and be expected to give the same
- Embody our core values of Determination, Respect, Enthusiasm, Accountability, andMastery
- Exhibit an unwavering commitment to high academic achievement and character development in our scholars
- Attend and support monthly Family Nights/events that invite families into the building
Be willing to take on additional responsibilities as necessary to fulfill Achievement Prep’s mission for our scholars
You Must Have
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A responsive and proactive disposition
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to produce error-free documents for internal and external distribution
- High proficiency utilizing computers: internet searches, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.),Google Suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, Calendar, Drive, etc.)
- Ability to lift up to 20lbs
- Ability to be on feet the majority of the day: moving about the building, delivering supplies, responding to staff calls/requests, reaching, climbing
- Flexibility to arrive prior to 7:30am or stay later than 5:00pm at least once every two weeks
- 1+ years of experience working in an urban setting with children in historically underserved communities
It Would Be Nice for Your to Have
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1+ years supporting relevant operational needs of a school, nonprofit, or small business
Who You Are
You know and understand the power of education and have seen, first hand, that power manifested either in your life or in the lives of others. You are committed to serving historically underserved communities knowing that your work is part of a larger ecosystem committed to change. You believe in a quality public education for all and are determined to serve every child that comes your way. You are unapologetically mission driven and will do whatever it takes to advance the work and ensure scholar achievement. You are excited about not just the work, but doing the work at Achievement Prep. You are familiar with our community and are not afraid of or by all the beauty and challenges that come with living in impoverished communities. You value and respect everyone and demonstrate that respect in words and actions.
You recognize that the behind-the-scenes work of the Operations Team is the key to a school becoming a well-oiled machine that runs smoothly and consistently. You enjoy multitasking and thrive in an environment where you have an opportunity to utilize a number of your strengths: problem solving, organization, responsiveness, and positive engagement of others. You know that teachers are the greatest levers of change in the lives of our scholars, so you strive to ensure that they can be completely focused on teaching and learning and have little to worry about when it comes to operations, technology, supplies and systems. You respect timelines and know that meeting the same are not optional or to be taken for granted. You are open to feedback, eager to grow, and bring your best to everything you do. You know the work isn’t easy and don’t expect for it to be. The grind of our mission ignites you. You are not only capable of performing but thrive in circumstances involving ambiguity and nuance. You look for or create the joy in your day-to-day and want to work with others who do, too.
What We Value
- 100% Scholars: You prioritize what’s best for scholars first.
- Results Without Excuses: You set, track and achieve ambitious goals; and you own the mistakes.
- Sweat the Small Stuff: You pay attention to the smallest details to ensure smooth, predictable, and effective outcomes.
- Community Matters – Mightily: You show care and respect for others – even when the work is taxing.
- Unapologetically Mission-Driven: You have a “whatever it takes” mentality in achieving the mission.
- Many Minds, One Mission: You value and partner with parents and the community for the good of scholars.
What You Get
- Ongoing weekly or bi-weekly coaching and development from direct supervisor
- Regular internal professional development tailored to the requirements of the position and staff needs
- Opportunities to participate in external professional development that increases effectiveness in the role
- Compensation & Benefits:
- Achievement Prep offers highly competitive compensation and benefits
- Medical, vision, dental benefits
- Flexible spending accounts for transit, dependent care, and medical expenses
- 401k with automatic immediate employer matching up to 4%
- It Pays to Stay:
- Upon completion of 2 full school years of service, employees become eligible for annual loyalty incentives
- Gifts and Achievement Prep swag
Minimum Education Required