Founded in 1975, Urban Pathways provides homeless New Yorkers with the services and assistance necessary to become stable develop their ability to live independently and move into housing, ultimately benefiting from the pride and security that comes with having a home. As a data-driven and innovative leader, Urban Pathways ensures that homeless and at-risk New Yorkers have the housing, services and support they need to be self-sufficient.
- Works closely with Urban Pathways management to find and secure appropriate, affordable housing for eligible clients in New York City including:Conducts apartment searches and sourcing.
- Assists with contract negotiations with real estate personnel.
- Coordinates steps related to the Section 8 Voucher and One Shot Deal application processes.
- Provides support and guidance to Urban Pathways staff in the execution of all Moving On housing related tasks including but not limited to:Reviews, completes, and makes recommendations when necessary on all housing applications.
- Manages and tracks all housing packages submitted to housing providers.
- Assists clients with completing applications for housing subsidies and programs, and advocates on behalf of clients to ensure that they receive the appropriate housing and housing subsidies.
- Schedules apartment viewings with clients.
- Works closely with case managers to assess client housing interview skills and assist them to achieve competency in presentation and interviewing skills.
- Works closely with case managers to ensure successful and safe transition of clients into permanent housing and provides local community resources to clients if needed.
- Maintains and submits all necessary documentation and reports, as required by Urban Pathways, regulatory and funding agencies including housing placement forms, client database systems, and monthly housing placement reports.
- Develops and maintains relationships with real estate personnel, landlords, community services and resources.
- Attends and participates in external meetings with funding agencies, community groups, and housing providers.
- Attends staff meetings, trainings, and supervisory sessions, as required.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree in social work or related field preferred.
- Minimum of two years of case management, individual or group counseling experience required.
- Minimum of two years of experience in and knowledge of the New York City real estate market and finding appropriate, affordable housing.
- Experience with NYC housing subsidies and programs required.
- Experience with homeless, mentally-ill and substance abuse population required.
- Strong computer skills and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Outlook, etc,).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent case management skills.
- Foreign languages a plus.
- Required to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, holidays, and late evenings.
- Valid drivers license with clean driving record a plus.
- All programs require field work, home visits, client escorts, and use of public transportation.