ABOUT FOUNDATION FOR LOUISIANA
Foundation for Louisiana (FFL) is a social justice philanthropic intermediary founded in 2005 as the Louisiana Disaster Recovery Foundation to invest in the immediate recovery of Louisiana’s communities after Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. While FFL was established in the wake of these disasters, our founders recognized the need to address the longstanding inequities that contributed to their disparate impacts and have shaped life outcomes for the most marginalized of Louisianans for centuries. Our programs grew in response to these needs, and today FFL focuses on racial justice, climate justice, criminal justice reform, economic justice, gender justice, and support for Louisiana's vibrant arts and culture.All Foundation for Louisiana employees are currently working remotely. While the Program Associate can be based anywhere in the state, the position may require travel to the Baton Rouge and New Orleans offices when conditions allow. Currently, office space is available in both Baton Rouge and New Orleans; however, pandemic conditions are monitored closely, and FFL observes all municipal, parish, and state guidelines as well as Center for Disease Control recommendations to prioritize the health and safety of our staff, partners, and the communities we serve.
The Fiscal Sponsorship Program Associate provides administrative, logistical, grant management, and other support to assigned projects fiscally sponsored by the Foundation for Louisiana. While subject to change, the position currently reports to the Fiscal Sponsorship Program Manager. This position may be based anywhere in the state of Louisiana.
The Program Associate serves as an internal program team lead for ensuring fiscal sponsorship of assigned projects is handled with a high level of customer service, attention to detail, and mission-driven excellence.
You have two years of professional experience in a community-based or nonprofit setting. Equivalent volunteer experience will be considered. You have read grant agreements and supported an organization in meeting grant deliverables. Regardless of where you are coming from, you have a basic knowledge of budgets and financial documents. You are comfortable working in complex, frequently shifting contexts, and approach your work in a deeply values-centered way. You are able to take and give meaningful feedback, to challenge and be challenged in ways that are generative and productive, and approach your work with a deep commitment
to learning and reflective practice. Ideally, you love Louisiana and are concerned about the most pressing issues facing this state.
You’ll fit right in if you love to:
· Work towards shared goals with multiple stakeholders and partners
· Use technology to perform multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality
· Use FFL’s core values (community wisdom, courage, integrity, and commitment) to serve Louisiana’s communities of color and low-income communities with an intersectional analysis of racism, specifically anti-Black racism
Want to know what it’s like to work at our office? Don’t worry, we’ll involve multiple internal stakeholders in the interview process.
The following list of duties and responsibilities is representative and may be subject to evolution and change over time. FFL is committed to an inclusive workplace for all staff, including those with a disability, and is open to discussing disability-related accommodations to essential job functions for qualified applicants.
Partner Support and Grants Administration (50%)
· Ensure adherence to internal grantmaking processes via appropriate documentation, grant budgeting, and reporting
· Provide data management and impact assessment: monitor submission/completion of grant partner reports/progress checks in conjunction with project partners and the FFL accounting team; make initial assessments of reports and provide to project partners for further review; ensure timely and accurate archiving of all grant-related materials and document in keeping with FFL’s retention policy
· Document emails, visits, meetings, and calls with partners ensuring the Fiscal Sponsorship Program Manager is kept informed about the progress of FFL’s fiscally sponsored projects, especially highlighting any areas of concern
· Learn and understand the foundation’s strategies to inform work with project partners; participate in strategy refinement and evaluation, learning, and meaning-making learning as needed
Team Coordination & Administration (40%)
· Schedule appointments with internal and external parties; manage meeting logistics, including site selection, securing catering, and other vendor services; set-up and clean-up
· Attend functions to oversee activities, intervening as necessary to ensure meetings/events run smoothly
· Maintain a centralized grants and contracts database; track and process invoices for consultants, vendors, and meeting expenses, ensuring adherence to contracts
· Work with the project partners to ensure the maintenance and archiving of accurate grants and donation records, including application materials, contracts, reports, correspondence, and deliverables
· Screen incoming calls and general email inquiries; prioritize and determine the appropriate disposition of calls and emails, using professional judgment to resolve inquiries as necessary
· Assist the Fiscal Sponsorship Manger with prospect research of potential funding opportunities and/or special projects as needed
Compile research and best practices relevant to Fiscal Sponsorship as a social justice practice and the Foundation’s mission and various initiatives as directed
· Pursue ongoing professional development opportunities and participate in Foundation-wide training sessions and workgroups
· Contribute to a transparent and equitable organizational culture where ethical and equity policies and practices are understood and lived out by all staff.
· Provide support cross-functionally as needed to advance the work of development, communications, and finance
YOU’RE GOOD AT:
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU:
· Are familiar with Salesforce, Submittable, online project management applications, and cloud data storage systems
· Have teaching, coaching, and/or case management experience
· Speak Spanish, Vietnamese, and/or American Sign Language
● Salary is offered at $55,000 - $65,000 and will be based on experience
● A generous benefits and PTO package includes 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision premiums; up to $50,000 employer-paid life insurance; and a 403(b)-employer match
This is a full-time, exempt position. Candidates should have a willingness to work evenings and weekends on occasion.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT POLICY
Foundation for Louisiana aspires towards freedom for all Louisianans and aims to create a fully inclusive and affirming workplace for all people. We welcome and encourage applications from people who have been involved with the criminal legal system.
Foundation for Louisiana follows an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, criminal justice background, and marital status.
This policy also applies to internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, terminations, outside vendors, members and customers, service clients, use of contractors and consultants, grant partners, board members, and dealings with the public.
Please send your resume along with a cover letter to Jamie Schmill, VP of Programs, Foundation for Louisiana, via email: email@example.com. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Review of applications will begin on June 28, 2022, and continue until the position is filled.
We encourage applications from people with disabilities and are available to discuss reasonable accommodations for any applicant who may need them. To inquire about accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call FFL at (504) 457-8035. Please refrain from making phone calls for any reason other than to request application accommodations.
ABOUT FOUNDATION FOR LOUISIANA
Foundation for Louisiana (FFL) is a social justice philanthropic intermediary founded in 2005 as the Louisiana Disaster Recovery Foundation to invest in the immediate recovery of Louisiana’s communities…