Program Manager, Social Services & Enrollment (FT) - We offer competitive pay, great benefits, and a chance to make a difference.
The Company: FareStart is a James Beard Award-winning nonprofit organization that transforms lives, disrupts poverty and nourishes communities through food, life skills and job training.
The Job: The Program Manager, Social Services & Enrollmentassists with the development and implementation of the philosophies, policies and procedures, and goals for the student support and enrollment departments that are consistent with FareStart’s organizational goals and values. This role is responsible to train and develop their staff and motivate them to accomplish the department’s goals and objectives. Collaboration, supporting others and creating a positive team environment are major components of the manager’s role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversee the functions of the Social Service Team, using a coordinated approach to supporting students and graduates, ensuring equity for all program participants
- Lead the outreach and intake team to meet organizational goals for enrollment, including targeted DEI goals
- Manage the Employment team to meet graduate employment outcome goals
- Ensure department stays up to date on best practices in delivering social services
- Provide clear and consistent communication and direction to staff
- Ensure that service delivery complies with all applicable laws, processes and funder requirements
- Promote the mission of FareStart to build and foster partnerships that support student enrollment and program outcome goals
- Contribute to the development of, and manage the department’s budget and expenditures
- Prepare and evaluate monthly and annual reports on the department’s performance
- Perform other administrative tasks as determined
- 3+ years of case management experience working with diverse communities in the King County region including housing, mental health, SUD’s support, etc.
- 3+ years of experience managing a social service team
- 3+ years of experience developing and managing key partners and relationships with communities of color and organizations that work with underserved populations and/or varied experiences
- 3+ years of experience developing and training highly effective and motivated teams
- Highly organized; able to juggle multiple priorities at one time
- Excellent interpersonal skills including communication, active listening, compassion, positivity and patience to build authentic relationships
- Demonstrates a high level of emotional maturity and ability to maintain professional boundaries at all times
- Proven experience in developing an environment of open communication, trust and transparency with the team
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft suite software
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Requires both In-person and work from home activity during stay at home order
COVID-19 Consideration: We coordinate with the King County Public Health Department and the CDC to follow all required protocols
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical demands include:
- Occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds
- Close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Regularly required to sit
- Frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Competitive wage based on experience and qualifications
- Paid time-off (3 weeks first year of employment) and paid holidays
- 401(k) savings plan
- Health, disability, and life insurance
- Free ORCA pass
- Free Shift Meal (when working in office)
The Location: FareStart, 700 Virginia, Seattle, WA 98101
Why Should You Apply?
- Be part of our mission to disrupt poverty.
- Join a supportive, respectful and celebratory community among our staff, students, board, and volunteers
- Organizational commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace
- FareStart encourages the personal and professional growth of its employees
FareStart is an Equal Opportunity Employer serving people of various communities and backgrounds. We seek applicants who value diversity and inclusivity. Women, People of Color, and Members of the LGBTQIA+ Community are encouraged to apply.