5301 Whittier Boulevard
Position Summary: The Assistant Director of Development will support the Executive Director in meeting LACLJ’s private development goals. The position is responsible for overseeing the agency’s spring annual fundraising gala and fall peer-to-peer fundraising campaign. The position will also assist the Executive Director in expanding LACLJ’s individual giving and corporate outreach programs. Finally, the position will help facilitate board engagement and assist LACLJ’s senior team in volunteer management.
About the Organization: Located in East Los Angeles, the Los Angeles Center for Law and Justice (LACLJ) is an emerging leader in the provision of legal services to immigrant survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault.
The 30-person nonprofit law firm assists clients in obtaining restraining and custody orders, immigration relief and other legal remedies available to them as a result of surviving domestic or sexual violence. LACLJ also provides clients with wraparound supportive services, which include education, referrals, safety planning, and accompaniment through its Community Care Advocacy Program.
- Lead planning and implementation of LACLJ’s annual 400-person fundraising dinner, including all marketing, fundraising and event coordination activities in collaboration with the Executive Director, volunteer planning committee and LACLJ support staff.
- Lead planning and implementation of annual peer-to-peer fundraising campaign, including recruitment and management of individual fundraisers, creation of campaign theme and messaging, and management of online fundraising tool.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director in developing major gift opportunities and managing a portfolio of individual and corporate major donor prospects.
- Assist the Executive Director in developing and maintaining an active and productive relationship with LACLJ’s Board of Directors and Leadership Council.
- Support LACLJ’s senior team in recruiting, onboarding and managing pro bono attorneys, volunteers and interns.
- Oversee development and dissemination of all fundraising communications and quarterly newsletter.
- Oversee prospect management, including maintaining an updated and accurate donor database (Network for Good), and providing reports to the Executive Director and Board of Directors as needed.
- Demonstrated passion for issues related to survivors of domestic and sexual violence, immigrants and women.
- Four years of experience in development, including experience with individual and corporate giving programs.
- Prior event planning experience required.
- Strong interpersonal and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of volunteer management practices.
- Knowledge of Network for Good, WordPress and MailChimp preferred.
- Fluency in spoken and written Spanish a plus
Level of Language Proficiency
The Assistant Director of Development position is an exempt position with an annual salary range of $60,000 to $75,000 per year depending on experience. LACLJ offers a generous benefits package, a 35-hour workweek, paid vacation and 100% employer-paid medical (Kaiser), dental, vision, long-term disability, life insurance for staff and 80% coverage for dependents. Staff is provided the option to participate in a 403(b) retirement plan and dependent and health flex savings accounts (FSA). LACLJ is an eligible nonprofit employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Assistant Director of Development” in the subject header. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Los Angeles Center for Law and Justice is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, disability, or sexual orientation.