Details: Competitive Salary
StriveTogether leads a national movement of 70 communities to get better results for every child. We coach and connect partners across the country to close gaps, especially for children of color and low-income children. The StriveTogether Cradle to Career Network reaches 10.4 million students, involves 10,800 organizations and has partners in 30 states and Washington, D.C. To learn more about our work and our team, visit strivetogether.org.
StriveTogether is recruiting a Graphic Designer to manage the design and production of collateral and other content. This role requires an innovative and visual storyteller to help establish and enhance the organization’s brand story and visual identity. As a member of the marketing and communications team, s/he will create materials and graphics for newsletters, websites, social media, video, events and other initiatives. S/he will adhere to brand standards across a variety of communications for key audiences, including investors, the StriveTogether Cradle to Career Network and the broader social impact field. S/he will report to the Director of Communications.
The ideal candidate has five to seven years of experience in brand management, marketing, public relations or communication, preferably at a nonprofit or agency. S/he must have experience in distilling and/or mapping complex processes and jargon into compelling visuals with simplified language. This is a unique opportunity to work with the country’s only national network of cradle-to-career partnerships and directly contribute to helping every child succeed from cradle to career.
· Develop and uphold visual identity guidelines for all materials, digital and print
· Generate creative concepts and produce outstanding designs for print and digital, including but not limited to brochures, reports, publications, infographics, social media graphics, invitations, ads, identity systems and special projects
· Create compelling layouts through excellent use of typography, color and photography that reflect the brand and speak to target audiences
· Manage multiple creative projects that range from a single day to many months
· Convert complex ideas into easy-to-understand visuals that follow brand standards
· Create and update marketing materials and templates, including presentation decks, reports and one-pagers for team members
· Work efficiently under fast-paced deadlines, presenting drafts at various stages for review and approval to get clear on direction and minimize rounds of revisions
· Contribute to the planning and creative process of new content development
· Advise others regarding design and application of visual identity standards and check for design integrity, accessibility, appropriateness, printability and visual appeal
· Create and maintain files for all creative assets and resources, such as software, art materials and special fonts, for record keeping and referencing
· Follow the latest trends in print and digital design to ensure StriveTogether’s design remains current and relevant — adapt and innovate as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field
- Five to seven years working in graphic design, preferably with brand management, marketing, public relations or communications experience at a nonprofit or agency
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud, including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign; After Effects and Premiere Pro skills preferred, but not required
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on PowerPoint and Word
- Proven ability to balance short- and long-term projects from concept to completion with competing deadlines and through multiple rounds of revisions
- Experience ensuring brand consistency while proofing materials and assets
- Strong background in color theory, typography, web design, illustration and printing procedures
- Proficient skills in HTML, WordPress and MailChimp
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, energetic and complex environment
- Excellent communication skills — interpersonal, oral and written
- Strong creative, organizational, problem-solving and time management skills
- Comfortable working on a diverse team as well as completing tasks as an individual
- Ability to approach situations and challenges with flexibility and a sense of humor
- Preferred location in Chicago or Cincinnati office.
Compensation: StriveTogether offers competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume and link to an online portfolio to email@example.com by September 24, 2018.
StriveTogether is an equal opportunity employer.
Excellent benefits including heatlh, dental, vision, 401k, phone stipend, and paid parking or public transit pass.
Minimum Education Required