Inspire and challenge.
At Belmont Day School, we foster intellectual curiosity, honor differences, and empower meaningful contribution with excellence, respect, honesty, responsibility, caring, and joy.
The development associate will be responsible for database management, prospect research, and all aspects of the Raisers’ Edge (RE) database, and administrative tasks such as event registration, mailings, etc. This position will also support the team through an upcoming capital campaign. This individual will work closely with the Director of Development and the Annual Fund Director.
This is a part-time (32 hours per week), non-exempt, and benefit eligible position. This is a 12-month position and reports to the director of development.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Manage the development database following best practices for gift processing, coding, tracking, and reporting.
- Input and extract data from Raiser’s Edge and create reports (i.e. gifts, participation honor/memorial acknowledgement).
- Manage the gift processing system including processing gifts, preparing acknowledgments, and reconciling data with the business office.
- Produce and maintain a suite of reports that provide insights into dollars raised, constituency participation, engagement insights, and annual fund metrics, annual report donor lists and giving.
- Support the research and prospect building for capital campaign pipelining
- Maintain accurate prospect records and update information including capacity ratings, wealth information stages, pipelining information and funded gifts.
- Manage RE database clean-up and standardization for accuracy, annual database transitions (i.e. entering new parents, changing current parents to past parents).
- Manage event payments, RSVPs, attendance tracker, timely event communications, name tag preparation, coordination of day-of logistics.
- Assist with imports/exports of data, mail/label merges, and data entry.
- Preparing donor portfolios and needed material to support team and committee members.
- Update and maintain constituent records in Raiser’s Edge.
- Provide administrative support to the director of development, as needed.
- Must maintain confidentiality of all development records and information.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3+ years work experience in the development field. Preferred candidates will have fundraising experience in an academic environment. A plus if the candidate has capital campaign experience.
- Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge fundraising software and/or the ability to master use of the system in a timely manner.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to establish and build effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and parents.
- Must be able to meet deadlines, balance multiple projects, be detail-oriented, have strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, and good mathematical skills.
- High-level knowledge of Microsoft Office with proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Cultural competency based on experience and professional development in diversity work.
- Availability for occasional weekend and evening commitments.
Please send a cover letter specific to this position and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Development Associate in the subject line.
Belmont Day seeks candidates who will add to the diversity of our community. The school will always be maintained as a nonsectarian institution. The school is an equal opportunity employer. The school complies with all legal requirements in connection with admissions and access to programs, facilities and employment practices regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, or disability.