Beto for Texas is hiring field organizers for the 2018 election cycle.
As a field organizer, your mission will be to build a grassroots voter contact program. You'll recruit and train volunteers to lead canvasses, run phone banks, host organizing meetings, and even open volunteer-run campaign offices.
This is not a standard field organizing job. Your geographic region might be the size of a small state. You may not have a campaign office to work out of. You'll use Slack and Google Apps as much as you use VAN.
This position reports to a Field Organizing Manager.
• Recruiting and training volunteers to host their own canvassing and phone banking events, post their events at map.betofortexas.com, and access campaign training resources.
• Regularly hosting organizing meetings.
• Helping volunteers open their own grassroots offices.
• Traveling relentlessly within your assigned region.
• Recruiting, training and supervising statewide teams of volunteers who remotely support the voter contact program.
• Becoming a super user of key productivity (Google Apps, Slack, Maestro, etc.) and voter contact (Relay, LiveVox, VAN) technologies and patiently teaching volunteers to use them.
• Meticulous daily reporting.
While we encourage everyone who is interested to apply, great candidates will:
• Believe in volunteer leadership. Volunteers are at the center of everything we do, and everything you do will contribute to developing volunteer leadership.
• Have experience volunteering on a political campaign.
This position does NOT require a college degree or previous work experience being employed by a political campaign.
All candidates must:
• Possess a valid U.S. driver's license, proof of auto insurance, and an automobile for business use.
• Live in or be willing to relocate to assigned region in Texas.
• Expect to regularly work evening and weekend hours.
• Be available to work full-time through November 6th.
Salary for this position is $3,250/month, plus a $250/month travel stipend and a $25/month cell phone stipend. We offer a competitive benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Visit http://betofortexas.com/field-organizer and click the link at the bottom of the page to apply.