605 3rd Avenue
POSITION TITLE: Development Assistant, Annual Giving and Special Events
LOCATION: New York, New York
The Anti-Defamation League – one of the nation’s leading organizations in the fight against fighting anti-Semitism and all forms of bigotry and hate – seeks an organized, enthusiastic, team player to join our New York Regional Office as a Development Assistant, Annual Giving and Special Events.
An integral member of the Development team, the Development Assistant, will actively participate in creating, planningand implementing a comprehensive annual fundraising and event campaign by helping to manage, coordinate and execute all administrative tasks aimed at securing individual gifts, foundation grants and event sponsorships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help plan and implement fundraising and cultivation events including an annual meeting, black-tie gala and insider briefings
- Maintain RSVP lists for events. Support onsite activities including registration, set-up and breakdown.
- Prepare and maintain all event-related material. Create event reports, sign-in sheets, attendance lists, nametags and signage, etc.
- Processes gifts/pledges and manage the production of acknowledgment letters. Review donor acknowledgments for accuracy and action items that require follow-up. Produce mailing lists for use by Development and other departments.
- Manage both donor files, ensuring that constituent and donor contact information is consistently updated, accurate, and easily retrievable.
- Assist with the preparation of high-quality donor correspondence, proposals, grants, reports and mailings, etc.
- Provide regular standing and ad hoc revenue, portfolio and pipeline reports as needed
- Serve as an effective and enthusiastic ADL spokesperson; respond to inquiries from donors, prospects and event attendees.
- Assist the Director of Development with special assignments that support the successful completion of ADL’s annual campaign.
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience.
- Minimum of two years' experience in administrative support, fundraising or related field required; preference for experience in annual giving, donor relations or special events planning and execution.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
• Strong time management, decision making and problem-solving skills.
• Possess the ability to meet tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Result-driven, self-starter who consistently displays a positive attitude
• Ability to work working independently and collaboratively; willing to adapt to changing priorities.
• Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Prior experience working with Salesforce or similar CRM database is strongly preferred.
• Committed to advancing the goals and mission of the ADL.
- Must have the availability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 10 pounds.
Please note that this position is eligible for overtime.
TO APPLY: Please include a resume and letter describing your interest in joining ADL as a Development Assistant.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover by following the link above.